Live365 playlist

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Live365 playlist

Postby radiowayne » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:04 am

I cannot seem to get the DRS2006 Internet Broadcaster to update the Live365 playlist window with songtitle information. What am I missing?

Wayne G. aka radiowayne
Wayne G aka radiowayne
http://www.radiowayne.com
email: radiowayne@att.net
radiowayne
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Rendy » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:12 pm

Hi Radiowayne,

You have to set the DRS Internet Broadcaster to launch together with the plackback modules. Meaning, you have to activate the DRS Internet Broadcaster to launch automatically when you launch any of the playback modules.

If you're using DRS v2.11 (BTW, you have to use this version), do this via the Launcher > DRS 2006 Plugins Setup. For DRS v3.0 Beta, do this via the AdminKit > Plugins Setup.

P.S. Because the DRS Internet Broadcaster can be used as a standalone encoder, when it's not activated in such way, it'll not work as a DRS plugin, hence not communicating with the playback modules. :)
Rendy
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Rendy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby radiowayne » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:57 am

Thanks Randy for the reply. The good news is your answer solved my problem. The bad news is that I now have another problem. When the entry is sent to Live365 playlist, it sends artist, song, and category instead of album. For instance it sends The Beatles, All My Loving, Music-60s instead of The Beatles, All My Loving, With The Beatles (correct album title).

Is there something I need to tweak as I am using default settings except I checked send to Live365?

Thanks
Wayne Greene aka radiowayne
Wayne G aka radiowayne
radiowayne
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby stxopher » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:38 am

That seems odd. My Live listings are consistently correct in format (though they sometimes stick somewhere along the lines betwixt here and there).

I am also mostly using the defaults and have no trouble. I post song data directly to the L365 servers. Could your scripts streamer be on with the genere listed in place of the album? (I have no idea it that could really be the problem but it is a possibility.)

An odd thought: what are you using to tag the files? Could that be a source of conflict? I've gotten into the game much later than you so all my files are recently named with Tag and Rename and I have had no trouble (using ID1 and 2, letting DRS take its choice).
stxopher
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby radiowayne » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:31 pm

I was looking at the Analyzer file and I don't see album title in there. I have checked my mp3 tags and they all look good.
Is there a configuration that I have to do to get Internet broadcaster to send album title to Live365?

Wayne G. aka radiowayne
Wayne G aka radiowayne
radiowayne
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby stxopher » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:58 am

Hmmm, shouldn't be anything special. I am an almost complete idiot and I was able to stream within 30 minutes. (Of course that 30 minutes consisted of "push button--see what happens, push button--see what happens, reset to defaults, push button...)

Looking at the internet broadcaster from the On Air Studio: on the first screen (converter) I have the allow scripts in stream checked though I don't think it really does anything with L365. There is another box under that left unchecked for "Allow automatic data streaming" that contains the string "artist=#artist#&title=#title#&album=#album#&duration=#duration#&buycd=#buycd#&website=#website#&mmss=#mmss#".

Second screen (server details), Username and password of course, Live365 is checked for server, stationname, genere filled in, website using the default address, "List on public station listing" and "Post song data directly to Live365" are both checked.

Third screen (stream archive) is unchecked.

The only other item that contains any usable options would be the main config on the broadcaster that contains all general data. All my fields are completely empty except for the first page (general options) where my log file and soundcard are selected.

I can't think of anything else. Not sure if any of this will help but....
:?
stxopher
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby BBRadio » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:29 pm

Hi,

I had same problem while using v.2.11 of DRS2006. Switching over to v.3 beta solved that problem, and Live365 window is updating its info as it should. So if you want to experiment little bit more, send DRS team a request to grant you access to the v.3 download area, and try out v.3 beta, which is awesome.

After some initial problems (mainly my old machine), I had several solid months of testing performance out of it, without a single problem - apart for my gripe with random play algorithm, which ignores many songs from the same artist.
BBRadio
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby new life » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:55 am

I have just begin internet broadcasting, and I am getting the same problem - category instead of album title. Did anyone ever come up with anything else on this? I have not gone to v3 beta yet.
new life
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby radiowayne » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:30 am

Yes, you cannot send album title under release 2.11. Evidently you can under 3.0 which is still beta.

Wayne G. aka radiowayne
Winner - 2004 Best of Live365 - Folk category
Proud user of DRS2006 Pro
Wayne G aka radiowayne
radiowayne
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jdmac » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:18 pm

You are correct. V2.11 doesn't post the album info in the analyzer, which is where the info is pulled from when sending the Artist and Song Title to the player window. That is why you are getting Artist - Song Title - Category. This has been corrected in V3 with the addition of an Album field in the analyzer.
MIXX 27-7
80s, 90s & Now
jdmac
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins