Audio glitch at segues - internet stream only

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Audio glitch at segues - internet stream only

Postby Dave B » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:13 am

I'm testing the DRS2006 Internet Broadcaster with DRS2006 v2.11. Generally it's been working great, but there is a slight glitch in the stream at all segues. The audio going into the encoder is fine and I'm not using the Processor plugin (in fact I'm using a hardware compressor/limiter). Any ideas on what's causing this? At one point I was using the Winamp encoder and it did not do this. Perhaps the fact that the Broadcaster has to seek the Analyzer database for the song title has something to do with it? Any ideas?

-Dave
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Rendy » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:23 pm

Hi Dave,

On the DRS Internet Broadcaster, double-click on the stream encoder/configuration, on the Converter tab, you'll see Allow scripts in stream. Just disable that one.
Rendy
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Rendy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby Dave B » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:40 pm

Rendy,
I wanted to try this but my trial period for the Internet Broadcaster has apparently expired. By disbabling this setting won't that also disable the streaming of Artist and Title metadata?

-Dave
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Harrison » Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:39 pm

Hi Dave,

No this won't affect your titles streaming. This little extra gadget covers other variables needed by other providers.

Regards,
Harrison
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Harrison
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby Dave B » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:24 pm

DRS 2006 - Harrison wrote:Hi Dave,

No this won't affect your titles streaming. This little extra gadget covers other variables needed by other providers.

Regards,

Phew! Had me worried there for a moment. I had visions of having to gather song data from the analyzer file and do manual record-keeping for licensing issues.

-Dave
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Thhaze » Tue May 16, 2006 2:49 pm

My check boxes are unchecked and I am running into the same problem. It seems to be the worst on Realplayer where it will skip over most of the liner/sweeper/imaging.

Also, I get an incon in the shape of a lightning bolt over my "DTM" icon in my task bar frequently. What does that mean and what does it do in regards to my stream?

Thanks.
Cleft in the Rock Radio
http://www.cleftintherock.net
Thhaze
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Tue May 16, 2006 3:40 pm

I had to revert back to using Internet Broadcaster version 2.4 to solve the skipping problem.

That lightning icon simply indicates that DRS2006 is reading/writing to the database.
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby SuperOldies » Thu May 18, 2006 2:32 am

I use radiostreamer to stream, Winamp & Shoutcast to play....I have had this problem for years since I began my station. Nobody has seemed to be able to address the problem. When the song advances to the next in Winamp, it skips the track slightly ONLY when listener to the stream, the direct audio does not. If someone could rectify this I'd be thrilled.
SuperOldies
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Thhaze » Tue May 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Man, this gets more confusing as I go.

I tried re-downloading the 2.5.3 version of Internet Broadcaster (I couldn't find version 2.4 anywhere) and when it came to adding and configuring encoders I could not find what I'm currently using for my output format settings. I am currently set up to broadcast MP3: 128 kbps, 44.1 Stereo using mp3 Pro Technology. The highest bit rate I could find on the I.B. version I just downloaded is 56k. The entire "converter" tab is totally different from the one I'm currently using. :?

I'm no computer guru to start with and this stuff is pretty well tipping me over backwards.

Can somebody throw me a life line over here?

(Did I mention I'm pretty confused?)

Thanks.

Thom
Cleft in the Rock Radio
Thhaze
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Tue May 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Click the Encoders button. Click the "+" icon. Select mp3 and mp3Pro. Click OK. You should now be at the screen where you set up your stream format etc.
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Thhaze » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:04 pm

Thanks Dave.
Cleft in the Rock Radio
Thhaze
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby SuperOldies » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:22 pm

...I don't use DRS Broadcaster, so this doesn't correct my problem. Can anyone in Support suggest a solution?
SuperOldies
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins