Satelite inputs and program archiving

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Satelite inputs and program archiving

Postby KUHB » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:20 pm

I'll be running DRS2006 in my station as soon as it arrives and i get it running, but I've found something that I can't find any information on. I'd like to be able to have inputs from my satelite recievers be recorded on my computer so they can be added to the playlist later. The problem is I have no direct access to the NPR satelite network because I'm too far west, but I can get programming via the Alaska radio network and their program schedules don't match mine.
Any suggestions on this? Anything in DRS that I've missed or any other programs I should look at that will be compatible with DRS if they're on the same machine?

Any help would be cool.

JK
KUHB
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jeisenzimmer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:53 am

Hi there,

If I'm reading this right, and I hope that I am, what I do if I need to record anything satellite, is I have a 2nd sound board in my setup, and using Adobe Audition (or Cool Edit Pro for the older versions), I record off the 2nd card. Then I import it into DRS as a Dynamic file (just because I overwrite it and so the time varies), and that usually solves my problems.
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Extreme Sound & Light
Devils Lake, ND
jeisenzimmer
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins