Display

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Display

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 23, 2001 8:27 pm

<HTML>Hi guys

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but why couldn't DRS display the information we have about the artists to our website, just like the playlist generator do. I think that it could be great to internet-only radio and airwaves radio. As you know, most of radio programers don't let dj's talk to much. So DRS can do the job...tell the listeners the music that it is playing and a few more tips like the album name, fresh news and other things... man, that is the power of internet. You know what i mean!!!

Thanks

Jorge

P.S. - Yes i know, i don't have the pro version...yet!</HTML>
Jorge

RE: Display

Postby DRS Support Center » Wed Jan 24, 2001 2:19 am

<HTML>Hi Jorge,

in 2.0 we will have a Webcasting Kit which is able to do this.
See "Interactive Development" bottom.

Mark
DRS 2006</HTML>
DRS Support Center

RE: Display

Postby Jon C. Moon » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:58 am

<HTML>A little different slant on Jorge's original post about providing song info...

I am considering using DRS 2006 to provide music for a local information channel on cable television. We currently use a satellite music source for music, but that does not allow us to add in anything local, such as music by local artists, commercials, public service announcements, etc. This music airs over video screens of local information, local announcement and advertising.

Question is this: some of the specialized computer systems used to display these video screens (typically called in the TV industry as CGs - character generators) can pull in a data source through a com port and display the information on a part of the screen. Any ideas on the complexities of DRS 2006 being able to send that info via RS232?

Thanks,
Jon C. Moon
ALLTEL Channel 4
Hiawassee, Georgia</HTML>
Jon C. Moon

artist title info through RS232

Postby MAZAJFM » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Dear all ...

if anybodyt have figured out how to send the title or artist info through RS-232 , i need to send it to my RDS Encoder , the RDS encoder accepts onlt RS-232 , can i use a RS-232 to ethernet convertor , will it pull the info of the song and artist ???

please anybody who find a solution or can make a custom solution contact me ....

Thanks
MAZAJFM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Display

Postby sandrela » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I've tried the demo. It works great as a Windows Media Player plugin for DRS2006! So, at least with my computer setup, I'd say the OzoneMP is a great replacement for the Boradcast Processor. Demo it, and see if it works with your systems.
sandrela
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins