Internet Broadcaster & aacPlus

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Internet Broadcaster & aacPlus

Postby LeeL » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:00 am

Hope this is not a naive question but are there any plans to support aacPlus encoding in the Internet Broadcaster ?

Also what are your thoughts aacPlus and how does it compare to MP3Pro ? A lot of people are discussing aacplus as the solution need to make wireless streaming a reality.

Lee
LeeL
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:07 pm

I also hear a lot of possitive things about AAC. Really interested according to the Internet Broadcaster.
Adriaan

Postby LuxuriaMusic » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:45 am

Check out what a poll on AudioRealm (they developed Internet Broadcaster) http://www.spacialaudio.com/forums/view ... 8699#38699

Cliff.

Cliff Chase
LuxuriaMusic, LLC
www.luxuriamusic.com
LuxuriaMusic
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby LeeL » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:49 pm

Cliff, good stuff. Thanks.

I have been watching the aacPlus technology and wondering what Spacial was going to do with this.

Lee
LeeL
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby jono » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:06 am

Hi Lee

AAC is amazing quality for the bitrate.. check www.opticodec.net for a list of stations using it. We're waiting on our shipment from Orban. We've decided to go for the pc1010 card and software.. The LE version only costs $99 and supports shoutcast & icecast. You can stream up to 32k with the LE version but even this is great quality!
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:43 am

I have a question regarding aacPlus.

I recently checked it out. Amazing technology. If I was to buy one of the encoders, is that all that is required? Or does the streaming server have to be equipped to handle aacPlus as well? Long story short....if we are running an aacPlus encoder, will it work with the DRS Radio Streamer, or will I have to find a provider that supports it, such as Streamguys?

Thanks.
~Maxx
Maxx
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jono » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:48 am

Hi Maxx

AAC is compatible with any shoutcast/icecast streamer including DRS Radiostreamer

Youre listeners will need winamp or realplayer to listen.

Listen to our AAC stream at 32k

http://rs3.radiostreamer.com:8000/listen.pls
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:19 pm

Thanks Juno. That's what I needed to know. Checked out your station too. Again, amazing technology. To be able to stream at such a high quality at such a low bandwidth is absolutely amazing.

My only concern at this point...is that the aacPlus encoder does not support live updating of playlists, does it? Like being listed on Shoutcast and showing what song is currently playing, as well showing past songs. Is there any way to do this with the DRS Radio Streamer, or will we have to wait until the Internet Broadcaster supports AAC?
~Maxx
Maxx
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby andyhodges » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:11 pm

jono wrote:Hi Maxx

AAC is compatible with any shoutcast/icecast streamer including DRS Radiostreamer

Youre listeners will need winamp or realplayer to listen.

Question: If DRS Radiostreamer works, how do you configure it? I don't see a accPlus selection to add a new stream. All I see are the MP3pro and basic MP3.

-Andy
andyhodges
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jono » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:16 pm

I mean the DRS streaming service is ok to use. The internet broadcaster doesnt support aac+. You'll need to buy the orban encoder.
Maxx you can still have live playlist on your website using the webcasting kit.
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Maxx » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:06 pm

jono wrote:Maxx you can still have live playlist on your website using the webcasting kit.

Does that also show the current song playing on the Shoutcast pages? Never tried using the Webcasting Kit, so you'll have to excuse me if that's a dumb question.
~Maxx
Maxx
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jono » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:39 pm

Yep the webcasting kit can export cuurent , previous and next tracks.. I export the current track as a txt file. The orban encoder picks the txt file up and updates the metafile. Shoutcast will then show current playing as will winamps scrolling display
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Maxx » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:07 am

That is very very sweet. Looks like aacPlus is next on my list of 'things to do'.
~Maxx
Maxx
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

aacPlus listing on Shoutcast directory?

Postby BBRadio » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:55 pm

Jono,

Thanks for the info so far.

I have now configured Orban's Opticodec LE, and stream at 32kbs. Using your method, I am relying on the Webcasting Kit to create a .txt file with currently playing song, which Opticodec LE uses to send metadata to the shoutcast server. Works beatifully, and WinAmp updates song info real fast.

Only problem is that Shoutcast directory does not list my station as it used to with SimpleCast, which was main source of listeners. Is there any way to circumnavigate this and list my station on Shoutcast?

I got it to be listed on Audiorealm, by still running Internet Broadcaster, but with encoding turned off.
Ivan
BBRadio
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins