Processing Line-In

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Processing Line-In

Postby Dave Kelly » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to process the audio from a line-in source.

The reason is that we are starting to do some live programming and would love the audio to be processed as well as the audio that runs through DRS with the Pro Broadcast processor...

Many thanks,
Dave
Dave Kelly
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jeisenzimmer » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:23 am

I actually looked at this myself one time. I think the Pro processor will only process the feed coming from DRS 2006 (Not to mention it can be quite a burden on resources). Your best bet is to get an external processor that your on-air feed runs though.
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Extreme Sound & Light
Devils Lake, ND
jeisenzimmer
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby pouterson » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:59 pm

jeisenzimmer wrote:I actually looked at this myself one time. I think the Pro processor will only process the feed coming from DRS 2006 (Not to mention it can be quite a burden on resources). Your best bet is to get an external processor that your on-air feed runs though.

I'm thinking about getting an external processor to lighten the load on my DRS machine. How do you set one up and do you have a list of recommended equipment to look at? Thanks.s

Paul
pouterson
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jeisenzimmer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:26 am

My best solution is to run all your sources to a mixer. And then from the Mixer-out run to the inputs on your processor. And coming out from the processor, run it into your Line-In in the computer, and set the Internet Broadcaster to take feed from your Line-In.
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Extreme Sound & Light
Devils Lake, ND
jeisenzimmer
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

How do I set the Internet Broadcaster to take the Line in?

Postby pouterson » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:45 am

jeisenzimmer wrote:My best solution is to run all your sources to a mixer. And then from the Mixer-out run to the inputs on your processor. And coming out from the processor, run it into your Line-In in the computer, and set the Internet Broadcaster to take feed from your Line-In.

Where in the Internet Broadcaster do I set it to take a feed from the line in? Also, do you have a recommendation for a mixer? I already purchased a Behringer Ultramizer 1424. Thanks for the help, I'm somewhat new at working with the DSP equipment piece of this. :shock:
pouterson
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Processing Line-In

Postby chal.nikkal » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I think the Pro processor will only process the feed coming from DRS 2006 (Not to mention it can be quite a burden on resources). Your best bet is to get an external processor that your on-air feed runs though.???
chal.nikkal
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins