Multiple track listings in Live365

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Multiple track listings in Live365

Postby David » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:32 pm

I'm testing DRS Enterprise to broadcast on Live365 using the Audiorealm plug-in.

All is well, except that each track gets listed two or three times in a row.

Anyone else having the same problem?
David
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby retrocast » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:48 am

Long history of this using v3 in beta with Live365. It is worse since Live365 updated song tracking on their station pages. But it has always happened when manually moving songs around in OARS.

The official response is that this is a beta issue. Beta versions and Live365 can be an adventure, so use at your own risk. However, most or everyone who sees multiple playlist entries now realize it to be an aberration. Nobody, including DMCA scrutinists, actually think you're playing all those songs twice.

It is annoying and frustrating though since it will affect your ability to get Editor's Pick status because the posted repeats will be viewed as violations of Live365's Broadcaster Rules. No Editor's Pick status is ever given to anyone outside those rules (even though you have in fact broken none of them).

But then again, Live365's deference to it's Basic casters over Live casters (like you) is well documented.
retrocast

Considering Live365 - tips

Postby alex smith » Sun May 14, 2006 4:20 am

I've been broadcasting for a year now, just from my own web site.
Doing OK, but would like more listeners (who wouldn't?)

I've considered adding my broadcast to Live365. They tell me they can take the feed from DRS RadioStreamer, just like another listener only 24 hours. The price seems reasonable.

1. I'm using Ver 2.11 - rock steady - how can I get the song info over to Live365? This is my biggest hurdle. Anyone got experience with this? Tips?

2. Is it worth doing at all? Naturally, my station will drop to the bottom of some long list - but at least they list them, and it searchable, as opposed to AOL/Shoutcast, which doesn't do either.

Comments?

Alex Smith
Radio Ecoshock
www.ecoshock.org

By the way...what does it take to get past "beginning broadcaster" around here? After a year of non-stop radio, I'm still learning, but not exactly a "new broadcaster" either.
alex smith
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby David » Sun May 14, 2006 9:26 pm

Hi Alex

I use the Audiorealm DRS plug-in encoder to take care of the stream to Live365. You can set it up the same for all versions of DRS. I can post details if it's something you want to do.

From what I remember, the only downside to DRS version 2 is that it streams the category instead of the album title to Live365.

Regarding the problem I mentioned at the top of the post, after talking with Audiorealm/Spacial/DRS, Mark tracked down the problem and worked hard on fixing the database transaction manager which was occasonally sending the info several times instead of only when a new track started.

Oh, I've been here since about 2000 and I'm still listed as "new" broadcaster but it's better than been listed as "old" broadcaster I suppose :lol:
David
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Multiple track listings in Live365

Postby saboor » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 pm

I use radiostreamer to stream, Winamp & Shoutcast to play....I have had this problem for years since I began my station. Nobody has seemed to be able to address the problem. When the song advances to the next in Winamp, it skips the track slightly ONLY when listener to the stream, the direct audio does not. If someone could rectify this I'd be thrilled.
You can get score highest marks in cert killer VCP550 dumps exam using and test 200-101 king which are prepared by top certified professionals, Tabor College ccna wireless training; both are marvelous in www.the-bac.edu
saboor
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins