Replacement for Broadcast Plugin

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Replacement for Broadcast Plugin

Postby Stashu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Since db-audioware is not going to update their plugins for DRS2006, I found a possible solution. Izotope, owned by M-Audio, has a plugin for Windows Media Player. I'll be buying this after the holidays, and test it out on my system. This looks like the perfect replacement for the Broadcast plugin. For $29 US, you can't go wrong.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/media/ozone.html

By the way, I use their Alloy and Ozone 4 plugins for my DAW, and they are excellent plugins. I think I'll get the Ozone MP demo and try it with the DRS2006.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:49 pm

I've tried the demo. It works great as a Windows Media Player plugin for DRS2006! So, at least with my computer setup, I'd say the OzoneMP is a great replacement for the Boradcast Processor. Demo it, and see if it works with your systems.
Unless Santa brings me one, I'll be getting the full version after the Holidays. :D
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:07 am

Once again, I'm answering myself.
I bought the Ozone MP. It works in Audio Manager only. Here's an open question to Mark.
Will you take off the 'Broadcast Plugin' requirement for DRS2006? If DRS2006 is Windows Media Player based, then we can use a WMP plugin to do our processing. db-audioware has already said they are not goping to update the Broadcast plugin. Hopefully, by now most people have switched from 2.1 to 2.2. And, by giving us the ability to run WMP plugins, we can enhance our 'sound'.
The Ozone MP is Izotope's scaled down version of their Ozone 4 VST plugin for DAW editing. I've loaded it, and it sounds fantastic in Audio Manager. I can preview all of the songs with the processing on it. If this was available in all the 2.2 and 3.0 Betas, this would breatha lot of life into everyone's sound.
Thanks,
Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Mark,

If you're tuned in. This Izotope Ozone MP plugin for Windows Media Player is a great replacement for the Broadcast Processor.
Since db-audioware is not going to be updating the Broadcast Processor, this is a great and affordable solution to making the DRS2006 sound fantastic. If you can get other elements to recognize and use it, the DRS2006 would be phenomenal.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Mark,

Will there be a way to use other plugins with DRS2006?
Even 2.2. Since there are many plugins on the market now for Windows Media Player, it seems like a great way to use new resources.
I've put the Ozone MP plugin from Izotope on Windows Media Player, but it
doesn't play in the OARS. It works in Audio Manager, but not On Air.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi,

yeah, it will work on V3 but in 2.2 I think it won't. I will check this.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby David B » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Stashu wrote:Mark,

Will there be a way to use other plugins with DRS2006?
Even 2.2. Since there are many plugins on the market now for Windows Media Player, it seems like a great way to use new resources.
I've put the Ozone MP plugin from Izotope on Windows Media Player, but it
doesn't play in the OARS. It works in Audio Manager, but not On Air.

Gtorn had a great suggestion: Just to download DFX from www.fxsound.com and it seems to work great with V.2.2 and Windows 7. Thank you Gtorn! Great! :D
Country Radio Switzerland
David B
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Is anyone using the DFX or Ozone MP on 3.0?
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Mark, I still can't get the Ozone MP to work in the On Air Radio Studio. I'm using 3.0. It works in the Audio Manager and others, but not in the On Air module. Is there some step I'm missing? I'm using Ozone MP as a plugin in Windows Media Player. XP.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: Replacement for Broadcast Plugin

Postby richdevlin761 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:09 pm

The Ozone MP is Izotope's scaled down version of their Ozone 4 VST plugin for DAW editing. I've loaded it, and it sounds fantastic in Audio Manager. I can preview all of the songs with the processing on it. If this was available in all the 2.2 and 3.0 Betas, this would breatha lot of life into everyone's sound.
richdevlin761
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Replacement for Broadcast Plugin

Postby Stashu » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:55 pm

When you make the move to 4.0 you'll be glad you did.
The Sound Processor is incredible. I've got it sounding very close to, if not better, than the Ozone MP in 3.0.
There's a lot of flexibility, and you can save presets for different types of programming if you need it.
For the price and all around features, I like V4 a lot!
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins