Line Input add-on

Learn new tweaks for the DRS 2006 Broadcast Processor Plugin, DRS 2006 Internet Broadcaster Plugin, 3rd party utilities and more. Add Ons and Plugins has a wealth of information dealing with many additional components created specifically for DRS 2006 radio automation software.

Line Input add-on

Postby ktrl » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 pm

I need to be able to switch to the line input on my sound card, which will be an analog balanced feed from a vBrick codec (through a Henry Matchbox). This codec will be putting out programming to me 24/7, but I will only be switching to it for about 16/7, but at very specific times. We're going to be simulcasting another station and we'll need to insert local IDs and local programming.

So, I've downloaded the free Line-In add-on, but I'm not clear on whether I've installed it correctly. The instructions are not very clear.

Does it matter which folder I toss it into? I put it into the main DRS2006 folder and the CommEditor.dbf writes to the default C:\DRS2006\DIGITALDATA folder.

I assume that the utility must always be open with the initial setting on the system tray control set to "Line OFF".

When I set a 60-second silent file to play in a rotation (Artist: "Line-In ON"), it opened up the input, but started jittering on screen and it didn't shut off the line input when the next sound file started.

I also notice a couple of other CommEditor.dbf files. (CommEditor2, CommEditor3, etc, but they have earlier dates, not today's.

Other settings:
SB Audigy 2 sound card
Destination: Play control
Line: Line-in

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric, KTRL
ktrl
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Add Ons and Plugins