Voice Tracking

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

Voice Tracking

Postby Stashu » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Are there any standard naming conventions for voice tracking? Such as '12-06.wav' for the 6th voiceover in the noon hour. And '18-04.wav for the 4th VO at 6pm?

And, are there any standard audio settings for Voice tracks? .wav, or .mp3? And, if .mp3, are there any preferences for the rate? 128, 192, 320?

While I'm piling on the questions, is there a standard level between stations? I've been doing some TV audio, and they use ATSC settings, and have strict guidlines for narration demos, etc.

Thanks!
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: Voice Tracking

Postby Stashu » Mon May 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Are there any standards for levels on imaging? I've been asked by a few people to do radio imaging for their stations, and wanted to know if there was a standard loudness level that had to be met.
Video has ATSC level standards sdet by a few networks, and I wanted to know if there was an audio standard, based on a K system or ATSC format.
Thanks,
Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:07 pm

So, how do people name their voice tracks?
When sending tracks off to chains of stations, is there a common format?
A naming convention and a level or technical standard.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:06 pm

Anybody? I'm interested to see what formats are used as a standard for Voice tracking.
Sample rates, files formats, naming conventions, etc.
Is there a standard to send tracks to chains of stations, networks, or individual stations?
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Okay, let me try this question. If you are a station and get voicetracks from a talent, what format do you ask for and what levels. For example. Wav, mp3. And if so, what sample rates 128, 192 320?
And, is there a standard? K-scale? K-14, K-12? LKFS? At what level?
Thanks,
STashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Let me try this again.
What levels are you delivering to servers for your streams?
I know streaming services will have their standards and conform your signals, but what kind of levels are optimum? Once again, do you use the K scale or a certain ATSC or LKFS setting to send your signals out?
This would be important to maintain your quality of sound before it hits the streaming service.
Thanks.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks