Voice over

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

Voice over

Postby Dirk » Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:42 pm

<HTML>Hi,

Can Drs mix out presentations so that they are played in the intro of the songs???</HTML>
Dirk

RE: Voice over

Postby Dave Diamond » Wed May 01, 2002 12:52 am

<HTML>See DRS 2006 Add Ons section and look for Auto Overlay by Dave Bickford.</HTML>
Dave Diamond

Voice over/voice tracking

Postby maxquad » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:01 pm

This little freeware app can enable you to do 'pseudo' voice tracking of your playlists. It takes some time to setup, but this is how I did it:

1) Downloaded and intalled the Auto Overlay App.

2) Created a playlist in the Playlist Editor

3) Printed to another window the playlist for getting backtimes and posts recorded properly for my voice tracks. For example, if you want to intro a song that has a 18 second lead in to the vocal, record an 18 sec .wav file

4) I used the following format for my 'voice track'

200408271300B1.wav 20040827 being the date 1300 being the hour and B1 being the break.

5) Add a bit of processing to the track. . I use Cool Edit Pro's 'Hard Limiter' preset to get the levels up there so the beginning of the song won't drown it out.

6) Take said voice track and add it in the data base under the Audio Manager. Make sure you set the type of track to 'C' not 'F', no fade outs and the intro to the full length of the voice track. Save it as a 'Jingle' since Auto Overlay only has selections for 'Jingle', 'Music', and 'New' (you can save it as 'New' if you want, but 'Jingle' is my personal preference)

7) Go under the 'Playlist Editor' and add the voice track in it's proper spot. Save the list. Close out DRS completely. MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR PLAYLIST!

8) Open the Auto Overlay program and load your playlist. Select the filter to filter the 'Jingles' (or whatever you saved your voice track under) out of the playlist.

9) In the 'Overlay Items' box, you should see your voice track pop up (along with other files that are in that folder). Check the voicetrack (or voicetracks if you have a bunch of them)

10) Be sure to check the '1 sec offset' box to the right. I've found this makes it tighter between voicetracks and songs..

11) Finally, click 'Do Overlays' . You should be able to exit the program after this process is completed.

12) Go back in to DRS, Reopen the Radio Studio and then open up your auto overlayed playlist. If all is set correctly, you should have voicetracks that are timed correctly with song intros.

Note: Since DRS only allows three instances of audio simultaneously, you may be not able to do this between a song, a short jingle, song intro and then the next song.

But, hey, it's a free little program and if you want to do basic voice tracking in the STD version, this app can help you.

All the best,

MaxQuad
http://www.radio-freedom.com
"The Light PM", classic rock and EZ favorites
Tuesdays, 1800 CT
:wink:
'The Light PM', Thursday afternoons at 1400 CT on Radio Freedom, http://www.radio-freedom.com.
Also, be sure to catch us on WARP Radio Network, http://www.warp-radio.com
maxquad
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:30 pm

Wow MaxQuad,, what a great post,, I can even follow these instructions... Great Job.. :D :
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks