CUE-IN Point

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

CUE-IN Point

Postby Benjamin » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:17 pm

Hallo everbody,

I use DRS2006 several years, but I have one big problem: How can I change the CUE-IN Point of a song, during an ON-AIR Broadcast in DRS2006 ON-AIR Radio Studio (For example for a preview of a song). I only use the Standard Edition.
Thanks for your answer.

Cu

Ben
Benjamin

RE: CUE-IN Point

Postby Rendy » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:47 pm

Hmmm...Preview. I suppose you mean, "HOOK"? Where you can play, for example the chorus/familiar part of a song. This "Hook" is already featured in DRS Version 3.0. I'm a standard DRSer too. ;-)
Rendy

Postby WirelessTalkRadio » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:11 pm

My guess is that Benjamin is asking how to shape the length and amplitude of a seguw point at the end of a song.

Having just seen the expensive but powerful OMT Technologies' product demo, they have a preview function where you can view, listen and edit the track-to-track cue-in or segue points to fine tune the quality of the mix.

Having just found the DRS2006 site and software, I cannot answer that question for him.
Jim
WirelessTalkRadio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Rendy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:16 pm

Right, well, not in DRS v2.11, but DRS v3.0, Yes...where it'll allow you to edit the cues (Cue In/Out, Fade In/Out, Intro) via the Pre-Listening window. Also, if you have 2 soundcards or multichannel soundcard installed your system, you can set the Pre-Listening to use that other card :)
Rendy
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Rendy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby Stashu » Mon May 25, 2009 7:19 am

How do you set up the other sound cards for this? And, do you have to use Winamp?
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby jono » Tue May 26, 2009 8:14 am

Hi Stashu.
Yes you need winamp installed. In winamp go to options/preferences. In the plug ins menu select output. Then select direct sound/wave and click configure. You can then via the drop down box select which sound card you wish to use for pre fade. Connect the output from this soundcard to a different channel on your desk. you can use this now to prefade drs.
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll do it tonight. :D
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks