Would anyone like to help me develop a "HOW TO" e-

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

Would anyone like to help me develop a "HOW TO" e-

Postby WirelessTalkRadio » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:32 pm

It occurs to me that since this is user-helping-user community perhaps some of you would like to collaborate in developing a "How To Create Your Internet Radio Station" e-book.

It would be a great learning tool for all of us and me to make sure I'm covering all the bases in my planning. I have not found a similar write-up on the Internet, have you?

I'd like to have access to experienced operating broadcasters to learn their 'real world' experiences.

Some topic chapters would include

1) What is all about - what is streaming?
2) Software packages and what do you need
3) hardware elements
4) Content sources
5) Royalties, copyrights, jesus mary and joseph
6) Telephone interfaces and other telephone needs
7) Remote broadcasts
8) Streaming bandwidth providers - What's the Beef?
9) Imaging sources to promote your 'professional' station

etc
etc I'm probably missing some areas of wide interest.

Any interested in helping me? Or, suggest an existing source of similar information - no need to reinvent wheels!!

Thanks, Jim
WirelessTalkRadio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:14 pm

This was a great idea. Does anyone know of any one source or manual for this? Going 'live', and running the automation are simple, but what about the rest?

Thanks,
Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm replying to this to keep this thread alive.
'WirelessTalkRadio' has a great idea! Thanks.
Is there any single source for all of this info? If not, maybe we can put one together.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby FlagRadio.Com » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:20 pm

This kind of resource would be a big help to those setting up.

I am working on a series of articles, for a press agency, about web broadcasting. It will include hands-on reviews of several automation / broadcast packages, hosting info, streaming etc.

When it is finished I will make all of my research & notes available to help out anyone who needs it.
Andy - Station Manager & DRS'er

FlagRadio.Com
FlagRadio.Com
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Any progress on the manual idea? Or, the articles?
I do Audio Production and am in the radio consulting biz. In those two facets of the industry, as in internet radio, there are no manuals.
In production, there are plenty of manuals that tell you what the buttons do, but no advice on what settings can give you that 'network' punch.
There are instructions on how to get a podacst on line, but no advice on how to make the content interesting, listenable, and marketable.
So, it would be cool to make a real 'how to' internet radio manual.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks