Help inputting record player into sound card and ripping

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

Help inputting record player into sound card and ripping

Postby braveheartinoregon » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:19 am

Help!
Anyown know how to input an old record player into a pc sound card and then rip to disk in MP3 format so that DRS 2006 can use it? I have zillions of old records; many of which have not been converted to cds, that I know of. tnx! :?:
braveheartinoregon
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jono » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:02 pm

A lot of programs will take a line in now to convert to wav or mp3.. I use Audiograbber which has this facility. www.audiograbber.com-us.net

Dont forget you will need a pre-amp to make the output from your turntable line level to feed into your soundcard
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:58 am

Music Match also works to transfer vinyl to pc.. and yes be sure to check your turntable,,,a magnetic cartridge will need a preamp to bring the audio levels up .. i;ve ripped lp to mp3 and then edit with cooledit...it will take some experimenting to get the volume and sound to your liking.. but its nice to have the rare cuts on you pc database..
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Bradford » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:57 pm

I too have ripped many albums to mp3. I have a small 8 channel board that my turntable etc. runs through into my line in, I can also broadcast lp's that way. Also, don't forget about mp3 gain, defintaly helpful since some albums are quieter/louder than others. :)
Music is the greatest thing in the world!
Bradford
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks