i need information on webcasting phone conversation

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

i need information on webcasting phone conversation

Postby justanothapartofme » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:48 am

i need help.

i want to start a talk radio station. i need to know how to webcast phone conversations. can anyone help me or point me to the site with this information?

thank you
justanothapartofme
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Phone lines

Postby KUHB » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:24 am

I'm not sure if there is a way to line in the phone into DRS, but you could try using the line-in module, and use the input from the phone instead of the line-in or mic. Otherwise, you need a hybrid to connect a phone line to your console. Unfortunately these are pretty expensive. Look at BSW USA for hybrid setups. Wish I could help more on this, but I've never tried to broadcast phones directly through the computer.
KUHB
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:00 am

Hey, the DRS 2006 Broadcaster will take the Line/Mic in and broadcast it. I would use a mixer and then connect a mic to it. Then I would link the mixer to the line in of the computer. Start the Internet Broadcaster and away you go.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Re: i need information on webcasting phone conversation

Postby kioni » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:16 am

justanothapartofme wrote:i want to start a talk radio station. i need to know how to webcast phone conversations. can anyone help me or point me to the site with this information?thank you

I broadcast several live call in shows on my station. I have the Hello Direct Virtuoso™ with Multiplier and it connects to my Peavey RQ 200 Inline Mixer. The Virtuoso sends the feed from the phone to the mixer which is connected to the station computer. It also allows my caller to hear the on air programming as it is processed by the computer and DRS 2006, I use this feature as a que when I am playing the Open/Close for a program. That way the caller knows when to begin talking, etc. The Multiplier is a very versatile headset with seperate volume control, mute and more. Take a look at the system http://www.hellodirect.com . The price is a lot lower now than when I purchased the Virtuoso over a year ago.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kioni
kioni
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby silvery » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:32 am

What is a proxy chain?
A Proxy chain is a connection of 2 or more proxy servers. ProxyWay allows to work with any Internet service through a proxy chain of SOCKS or HTTP proxies. Using the program you can create proxy services (cascades/chains) with any number of proxy servers (supports HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5) to provide IP address security and tunnel Internet activity through proxy servers.

http://www.socksproxylist.com
silvery
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks