import mp3 from itunes in drs2006 database

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

import mp3 from itunes in drs2006 database

Postby em+m » Tue May 30, 2006 11:45 am

Hi,

i have all my songs in itunes
and want to import them into drs2006 database.

Does anyone know what the best way is to do it.

Thx

M.
em+m
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Rendy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 am

Hi,

You simply have to load all the audio files using the AudioManager module - it's the only way.
Rendy
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Rendy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby guydeboer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:58 pm

not so
audio manager will not read my itune music files. any ideas

DRS 2006 - Rendy wrote:Hi,

You simply have to load all the audio files using the AudioManager module - it's the only way.
LOST IN PARADISE
guydeboer
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 pm

It might be how they were encoded in iTunes.
If they were made on a MAC, they may not have the .mp3 attached to the end of the name.
Also, watch out when encoding with Variable Bit Rate. Try to encode using Constant Bit Rate. With VBR, you may have problems with timing and end cues.
Search this site for some similar questions. There are many really good discussions on this forum about this topic.
Also, the above answers are also correct, the files have to be added in the Audio Manager. Read the Manual about this. It may save you a lot of troubleshooting.
Good luck,

Stashu
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Also, watch out when encoding with Variable Bit Rate. Try to encode using Constant Bit Rate. With VBR, you may have problems with timing and end cues.

Even more, DRS2006 only supports CBR.
Adriaan

Postby Stashu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I do some video work also, and VBR can really cause problems with various DVD players. For the savings in disk space, it's not worth the hassles that exist when VBR is in play.
It's smart for DRS2006 to insist on CBR. It's what separates the amateurs and the Pros.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks