adding new music to database

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

adding new music to database

Postby guydeboer » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 pm

reading that most people have the problem w/ adding new songs. is there a easy method w/o having to shorten the song names. if you need to shorten how mane letters or number is the max? someone said the proplem could be in the MP3 code. how do you know if it is the code?
LOST IN PARADISE
guydeboer
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:44 am

Hi Guy,

I am not using V2.11 myself, but I do remember that filenames exceeding 80 characters (path and filename) can cause errors. In V3 there is no limit.

If the error message "Division by zero" appears, ussually the ID Tag is corrupt. From FAQ:

The ID TAG information for the file has been corrupted, possibly by a 3rd Party program. Sometimes little squares are generated which replace the normal blank spaces between words. Simply deleting the TAG and regenerating it clean should correct this issue. We advise to also check that your files have not been encoded using the VBR (Variable Bitrate) format.

Hope this helps!
Adriaan

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks