MusicMaster works great with DRS2006!

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

MusicMaster works great with DRS2006!

Postby Major Logan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:15 am

FYI - MusicMaster is a very powerful music scheduling program. I have "mastered" exporting logs to DRS successfully and it works great!! It kicks DRS into SUPERSTATION status. Let me know if you need any tips.
Major Logan
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 pm

There are several external music scheduling applications which after tweaks works well with DRS2006: e.g. MusicMaster, Powergold and Music1. Maybe you can share you're "how to..." about MusicMaster here on this forum, Major Logan.

Fact is that Mark promised an integrated tool (Music Scheduler) years ago. Still nothing :?
Adriaan

Postby Major Logan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 am

With MusicMaster, the key for me was finding the correct values for the "Load Structure". Every scheduling software's structure is a little different. Modifying the values correctly will allow the structure of whatever program you use like Selector, MusicGen, Powergold etc to merge with the DRS structure:

Under DRS Import Playlist you first load the "Structure Name", which is the MusicMaster.pst file that DRS supplies. Then load your exported "Playlist" log file from MusicMaster which is an .asc file.

Now here is where you adjust the values. The next five boxes include values you will need to change for your MusicMaster playlist file to merge correctly with DRS:

Record Length value should be set at 61
Start Position Artist should be set at 1
End Position Artist should be set at 30
Start Position Title should be set at 31
End Position Title should be set at 60

These values correspond with the minimum character length DRS will accept under Title and Artist, which is 30 characters. Think of it as one long character stream. "Artist" is the first field DRS reads so start position for character is "1" and end position is "30", for 30 characters. "Title" is the second field DRS reads so the string continues at "31" for the start position of Title field upt to "60", another 30 characters. Record Length is the third field DRS structure reads so it starts at "61", the next line of the string following the end position Title. Once you have the correct values entered you can verify your values are correct by observing the next 4 Test boxes.

Test Artist 1
Test Title 1
Test Artist 2
Test Title 2

If All characters in each Test Box line up with the left hand side of the box correctly without being jumbled or have incorrect spacing, your log should import just fine.

Once imported any errors will pop up and allow you to "skip" or provide an "alternate" selection. Most errors are simply differences in characters typed into MusicMaster Artist and Title fields that are slightly different than what you originally entered into DRS for Title and Artist. A missing comma or letter or extra space will cause an item to fail. Simply make sure all titles and artists have exactly the same characters in exactly the same order and combination. It, will however ignore upper and lower case. When entering music to your scheduling program you must make sure all Titles and Artist fields have no more than 30 characters or items will fail to import.

The only information transfered in your imported log is Title and Artist. These are the only catagories that are critical for a good imported log. So it is not neccessary to worry about length and intro times etc for a good import. You can adjust these later.

I have found that it's best to enter the "cue out" postion from DRS as the "length" of each song when I enter it into MusicMaster. This makes my log timeas accurate as possible for the "realtime" length of the playlist.

After you have successfully imported a log you can save your new structure as a .pst file and name it what you want. This saves your new working values and becomes your "successful" Load Structure.

I hope this helps everyone.

Good Broadcasting!
Major Logan
Last edited by Major Logan on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Mighty Major Logan[url][/url]
Major Logan
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Is Music Master expensive? Is it stand alone buyout or a monthly service?
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Re: MusicMaster works great with DRS2006!

Postby richdevlin761 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Under DRS Import Playlist you first load the "Structure Name", which is the MusicMaster.pst file that DRS supplies. Then load your exported "Playlist" log file from MusicMaster which is an .asc file.Now here is where you adjust the values.
richdevlin761
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks