Importing logs to DRS from external music sheduling programs

Take these pearls of wisdom and run. Read insightful views from many who have discovered shortcuts when using the DRS 2006 Audio Manager, mp3 tools for taming that out of control music library and lessons taught from those who learned them the hard way. Do yourself a favor and read this forum. You too will become a DRS'er.

Importing logs to DRS from external music sheduling programs

Postby Major Logan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 am

The key to successful log imports to DRS from external music scheduling programs like MusicMaster, Powergold, Selector etc. is to make sure you understand how to modify the "Load Structure". Read my post about MusicMaster in Tips & Tricks. You can use this info to modify the structure from the program you use. The principles are the same.

The structures are based on number of "characters" in fields such as Artist, Title and Record Length. The only information imported is Title and Artist. From this info DRS then uses it's own corresponding information on run times, intros, fades etc.

Once you set all the values correctly that correspond from your scheduling program log imports become simple.

One key thing to remember is to enter all data in your scheduling program's Title and Artist fields "EXACTLY" the same as entered into DRS and at no more than 30 characters. If you have already entered a lot of data longer than 30 characters you will need to edit everything in Title and Artist fields back down to a maximum 30 characters or imports will fail.

With the extra scheduling power of your external program you can turn DRS2006 into a SUPERSTATION.
The Mighty Major Logan[url][/url]
Major Logan
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Importing logs to DRS from external music sheduling prog

Postby Major Logan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 am

Hi nikkil:

Yes, I currently use MusicMaster scheduling with my DRS2006 powered station at www.musicradiowls.com

I got the "load structure" file from DRS. MusicMaster has an "Export Designer" built into the software. This is where I make the modifications to the DRS load structure file to make the MusicMaster log exports compatible with DRS.

Once I create a log in MusicMaster I export log to "automation" with a specific file name. I then go to the DRS Playlist editor and choose "Import Playlist". The first thing you do is load your custom "load structure". Second is to "Load Playlist", this is the file I exported from MusicMaster. If the Artist and Title names line up correctly [left justified] in the Test 1 & Test 2 I just click "Import Playlist". DRS then searches for any errors [spelling and spacing errors usually - Schedulers and DRS have to match exactly even spaces and punctuation]. Once it completes without errors you simply "save as" to your DRS Playlists" folder.

Hope this helps.

Major Logan
The Mighty Major Logan[url][/url]
Major Logan
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Tips and Tricks