Problem opening modules

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Problem opening modules

Postby Alvin » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:07 am

For some strange reason, all of a sudden I cannot open the audio manager, music scheduler, on-air editor and analyzer in version 3.0. I get the error that these modules have encountered an error and need to close......sorry for the inconveninece. This has not been a problem in the past. Any answers out there?
Alvin
Alvin
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Alvin » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:00 am

Guess I better reply to myself. Now it seems that the audio manager, on-air editor, music scheduler and on-air analyzer have ceased working. Each module refuses to open and only gives me an erro message. My What could it be? Anybody out there?
Alvin
Alvin
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jeisenzimmer » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:43 am

I've had that problem with the Music Scheduler once before too... I think what I did is dumped the 3.0 Betas and re-installed them. I don't know if I re-installed 2.11 or not, I can't really remember what I did to fix it... :P
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Extreme Sound & Light
Devils Lake, ND
jeisenzimmer
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby sean martin » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:34 pm

I had exactly the same problem that drove me absolutely crazy!
I had read elsewhere on the forum about someone who disinstalled the network printers from the on-air computer, so, when I'd tried EVERYTHING else I decided to try that. I uninstalled my printer drivers and all the modules became immediately available.
Now, can anyone explain how or why? I doubt it.

Try it !

-Sean
sean martin
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:42 pm

Very interesting. I supüpose it has something to do with the printing module. It automatically takes the default printer when starting. AND maybe if this printer is currently not available, it may have this problem.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Amazing!

Postby Alvin » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:47 am

This is what I love about DRS2006! With a little patience, a solution is always made available. If not from the administrators, then one of the many users of this great program. I just uninstalled the printer drivers and I'm back baby! DRS, I love ya! Now just give me my voice track module and I'll be happy for life Mark!
Alvin
Alvin
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Opeing modules

Postby jrankin » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:42 pm

I'm having a similar problem and have no network printers. The Music Scheduler and On Air Radio Studio fail to open and give a "... database invalid or parts of the database are missing ... " message. Everything else opens OK. I have tried to re-install several times but keep getting this. Any ideas ?
jrankin
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jeisenzimmer » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:08 am

If you have a good 2.11 database, try converting from 2.11 to 3.0.

Harrison, might wanna take a look at the speaker in Quick Cart in OARS... Kinda doesn't cover all the way up. :P
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Extreme Sound & Light
Devils Lake, ND
jeisenzimmer
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Harrison » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:54 pm

*beep* we let the secret out hehe.

Okay I'll remind mark about it.

Thanks
Harrison
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Harrison
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby jrankin » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:00 pm

I found it. It was a conversion problem. The database had a few tables missing as a result of a few on the conversion tasks/buttons failing. I ran it again and it worked. A good diagnostic on this is to run the database utility to cehck that all the right table are there in the new version. The moderators should confirm this but I think there should be at least sixteen tables.
jrankin
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DJ Danni » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:52 pm

Hey wow did you fix it? I have the same Prablome but i can open DJ Studio and Cart and Administrators Kit and Dadabase untitile. nothing mor. What di you do. Tell me that so i can anderstend it. I am noat good in English.
DJ Danni

Postby AndyV » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:13 am

sean martin wrote:I had exactly the same problem that drove me absolutely crazy!
I had read elsewhere on the forum about someone who disinstalled the network printers from the on-air computer, so, when I'd tried EVERYTHING else I decided to try that. I uninstalled my printer drivers and all the modules became immediately available.
Now, can anyone explain how or why? I doubt it.

Try it !

-Sean

Thanks for this post. I have my drs installation on my laptop computer so I can do my internet show while on the road. Suddenly a couple modules weren't working. I would NEVER have thought about a network printer that was installed so I could use a printer at my office. I've deleted the absent printer, and it's all working now.
AndyV
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby airspeed » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:09 am

DRS 2006 - Mark wrote:Very interesting. I supüpose it has something to do with the printing module. It automatically takes the default printer when starting. AND maybe if this printer is currently not available, it may have this problem.

This is worth repeating and bumping up as it happened to me this weekend for the first time. It *beep* near drove me nuts until I found this thread.

I Don't know how or why but Audio Manager just wouldn't load. I "uninstalled" the default network printer and then Audio Manager would load just fine. Go figure.

Thank god for this forum.
airspeed
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development