PS... ALways Have a Backup....

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

PS... ALways Have a Backup....

Postby Rocket88 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am

Happy New Year to everyone, since I didnt get the chance to post it earlier.. The day after Christmas my beloved :wink: Maxtor went t**s up and took along the wonderful Hp recovery partition also..
Now my music Pc is ok and ghosted but its amazing what i lost from the pc that I use online and didnt care enough about it to ghost image//...

moral of story... have a backup.... even if you dont think its worth the effort...its hard to replace progs and files///
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby jeisenzimmer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:31 am

Don't feel bad... I've never really liked Maxtor HDs either...Had the same thing... I prefer Western Digital now...lol
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Extreme Sound & Light
Devils Lake, ND
jeisenzimmer
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Coyote » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:16 pm

HI rr,
Hope you had a nice xmas and Hny. Just to tell you if you need something ask me, I'll be glad to help you with your lost files.

Ju@n

PS: For whom that read this message as well, I'm not sharing music and files according to the law.
Coyote
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Me too..

Postby Dave Diamond » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:04 am

Believe it or not I had two HD die on me within 3 days of each other. One a Maxtor and the other a Western Digital drive. No manufacturer is immune. Although I've never had a Seagate drive in any system here, I hear that they can be unreliable as well.

For me, I purchased the Lacie Enthernet Disk 500GB NAS (Networked Attached Storage) unit from Lacie. I simply placed it in my network here and mapped to it from each of my machines. I use Acronis True Image 8.0 from Acronis.com to create scheduled backups of all my machines daily. It's infallible or at least has been in my experience.

Just an idea.
http://getmarci.com for Shoutcast Song History display that's easy.
Dave Diamond
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ultimatdjz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:11 pm

i also have just an extra PC sitting around with all of my information on it. as well as an ftp backup of my data files (not music). God forbid two harddrives and my ftp fail at the same time! lol...

how is everyone? it's been like 2 weeks since i've psoted! enjoyin some time with the old lady and gettin back into the swing of things with school. any new stories?

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development