valentines day update

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

valentines day update

Postby ultimatdjz » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:44 pm

hey guys, i know you're hard at work, and i've seen rendy a lot inthe forums lately. just wonderig if mark would take a minute or two to drop us a february update on things. how's development coming? or are we waiting on some of this international policy (geez i hope not). how close are we to finishing up a module? nothing major, just like we discussed a month or two ago, a periodic update is MOST welcome from ur faithful DRS followers! lol, thanks mark!

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:15 pm

[content deleted]
Last edited by DWRoelands on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby ultimatdjz » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:40 am

H20!!!!

oh i mean... umm, DRS!!!!

haha

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Harrison » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:47 pm

Hey DW,

Show a little respect man.

I don't think you realise that that kind of comment affects our morale - programmers have feelings too.

You may think that 3.0 will not arrive, well we promise you it will in our own time.

We will not rush this project and spend many months dealing with your complaints that your system has become unstable or something else has happened that is not good.

I'm busy away doing some other things at the moment, but I had to stop by and just say cool it!

Thanks,

Harrison
DRS 2006 Support Center
Harrison
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Harrison
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby DWRoelands » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:46 pm

I don't think you realise that that kind of comment affects our morale - programmers have feelings too.

I'm well aware of the effect that user complaints have on programmers; I'm a software developer.

We will not rush this project

No, that much is clear. This "beta test" has been going on for just about three years.

I had to stop by and just say cool it!

I think my frustration is reasonable. I bought and paid for version 2 because I saw that version 3 was in "beta". Three years later, the software still isn't done. Had I known that it was going to take you three years to finish your product, I wouldn't have purchased it.

Two or three times a year, someone from DRS comes on the forums and says "We're sorry we haven't spoken to you in six months. It'll be done real soon now, and we promise to give you more frequent updates," and it never happens. No one seems to have time to give us updates, but you certainly made time to tell me to shut up, didn't you?

Whatever. Suffce it to say that I still think that 3.0 will never see the light of day. If it arrives and is reasonably bug-free, I'll be happy to apologize. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby ultimatdjz » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:31 pm

na na na hey na na, it's gettin hot in hurrrr, so take off all... oh wait, sorry, lol

*beep* guys, gettin crazy... this thread wasn't started so people can vent, it was started to see if we could get our periodic update from mark. and regardless of what you think, i'm sure mark could a minute or two this week and drop us a line... right mark!? if you're a software developer rw, (as am i) then you know how long it takes to develop a project of this magnitude, IF YOU'RE DOING IT ALONE! if i'm not mistaken, most companies have a team working any project at any given time... mark is hand writing this code line by line, by himself, no teams doing the work for him. he's writing code. so c'mon, you understand that don't ya? or do you forget what you did when you started?

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:11 pm

i'm sure mark could a minute or two this week and drop us a line

I'm sure he could, as well. My problem not what they can do, but rather what they choose to do. What they choose to do is ignore us - unless someone hurts their feelings.

If it's true that there's only one programmer working on this project, then I'm even more disgusted with DRS than before. Why on EARTH would you not add resources to a project that is falling behind schedule? Two years ago, DRS starting missing promised released dates - why didn't they add resources back then?

I'm not inclined to be charitable to a company that takes my money, failes to deliver a promised product in a reasonable amount of time and then tells me to shut up when I have the gall to complain.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development