Just so we're clear on this...

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Postby ultimatdjz » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:23 pm

u da man mark. and dont' worry, not all of us jump on to burn the witch... you got a nice lil secret service body guard crew on this board i think, lol... we got ya back! :wink:

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 am
Location: Motown, WV - USA

Postby Dave B » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:03 pm

DRS 2006 - Mark wrote:After 5 years in the business I have seen many companies taking forums off their websites because they were making everything sound very negative.

You mean like SWCAST? :x
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 5:46 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Postby ultimatdjz » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:10 pm

hahaha, yeah like swcast.net... ya know, i have been trying to reach them for months now and no answer... i'm not even sure if i've paid my bill for like, 3 months, LOL, and it's still working. but since we changed the station over, i created my own page, but it still links to the files in swcast page... and it has an swcast logo. i hope that's legal enough. lol

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 am
Location: Motown, WV - USA

Postby Dave B » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:14 pm

ultimatdjz wrote:hahaha, yeah like swcast.net... ya know, i have been trying to reach them for months now and no answer... i'm not even sure if i've paid my bill for like, 3 months, LOL, and it's still working. but since we changed the station over, i created my own page, but it still links to the files in swcast page... and it has an swcast logo. i hope that's legal enough. lol

LT

A little off topic now, but yes, what you're doing is legal. There is another service starting in March that will offer the same service as SWCAST. I forgot their name though...I'll go look and let you know.
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 5:46 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Postby ultimatdjz » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:45 pm

awesome, thanks dave!

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 am
Location: Motown, WV - USA

Postby Dave B » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:19 am

Dave B wrote: There is another service starting in March that will offer the same service as SWCAST. I forgot their name though...I'll go look and let you know.

http://www.loudcity.net
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 5:46 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Postby WoCo » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:19 am

Well first of all, drs 2006 compliments on version 2. Regarding the remarks of Mark... I am a patient person, but some of the remarks of Mark... sorry but what a load of.....

1. Nobody has paid for Version 3. Absolutely nobody. It will be free for current customers...

Hmmm what would you say if I said I did. Drs2006 offered a free upgrade to the 3.0 version. True.. the quality of version 2.0
is good (no complaints there).. but I bought the package mainly because of the voicetracking in version 3.0. Without the voicetracking part I would have bought another package.

I can understand that Mark is a tired of reactions like DWRoelands. I am a patient man, but Mark's reaction is *beep* me off. I have been waiting for the "free upgrade" for quite some time. I am not happy with the delay, but I understand that we are dealing with humans. Mark's reaction however is a bit like... ok you bought the pro package... so what... stop thinking you have any rights.


2. Just because we said that we are planning a voicetracker? Hehe....Dont be silly! You dont pay somebody just because he says that he will have something you might need.

This reaction really worries me, you advertised with something(the main reason I bought the software) but you are at the same time blaming us because we believe you?


Again I can understand that Mark is a bit tired of complaints, but his reaction really worries me.
WoCo
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:56 pm

Postby stxopher » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:35 pm

Ahhh, guess I can see both sides of the fence. I was happy with the standard version over a year ago but then the announcements came out that the Enterprise edition was about to come out anytime and by upgrading now I could get it free when it came out. Looking at all the betas and planned features...how could I resist? (As a matter of point, the only thing keeping the betas from being what I need is currently a working random generator in the schedular, playlist chaining or time starting in the OARS and....hmmm, guess thats all I'M waiting for.....)

I like 2.1 because it IS good software and that IS what I was sold. I do admit that I wouldn't have upgraded to Pro so long ago if not for the Enterprise carrot but I would have done it eventually. The only real problems I have with it is a small screen and low filename limits. (Well, and the general spoiledness of working with Ent so long it makes me crazy to go back to 2.1)

All in all I got what I paid for so CAN NOT really complain about it (and neither honestly can anyone else). 2.1 is great software, stable, with a lot of good features that would cost much more elsewhere.

I believe what makes us all crazy is seeing that nice, shiny toy of 3.0 dangling there, looking sooooo pretty but still just out of reach....(arrggh! I can aalllllmost reach it......Ow! I think I pulled something...). But then the craziness would be even worse if we got that shiny carrot and found out it was Liv-a-snap flavored because we got it to soon. (Hmmmm, better get some more coffee.)

Boiled down: 2.1, good. 3.0, great. Waiting for 3.0, bad. Reason for waiting for 3.0, understandable. Whining about 3.0, bad (and useless to boot). Wondering where you would get Liv-a-snap flavored carrots, troubling.
stxopher
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:29 am

Postby ultimatdjz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:09 pm

lol, well rounded sumup!!! lol, i like it,i like it alot!!! lol

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 am
Location: Motown, WV - USA

Postby pouterson » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:56 pm

Dave B wrote:
Dave B wrote: There is another service starting in March that will offer the same service as SWCAST. I forgot their name though...I'll go look and let you know.

http://www.loudcity.net


Were you ever able to figure out who the new service is? I'm interested. Thanks.
pouterson
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:01 am
Location: Auburn, MA

Postby ultimatdjz » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:17 pm

scroll up. it's up there.

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 am
Location: Motown, WV - USA

Previous

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron