Commercial Manager

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Commercial Manager

Postby ultimatdjz » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Hey guys,

Mark, just wanted to check and see how things were going. i was curious as to the basis of the commercial manager. how is that going to work? is there any particular product it will be compared to?

i'm in need of a commercial manager. does anyone know of a free one that can be used temporarily til we get ours up and running?

Thanks a bundle.
LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:19 pm

LT,
You young fellas are spoiled! I scheduled traffic MANUALLY for a commercial station for a while in the 80's. Don't you want to dig through contracts, figure out the best place for any particular spot and then schedule it by hand? And repeat that 100's of times depending on spot load? It's FUN! ;)

Anyway, I do not know of any free commercial schedulers.
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:18 am

Dave B, dont forget the affidavit's... :shock: boy how time flies..

remember when it was taboo to sched 2 similar businesses in same set or worst case...back to back..

the most fun times of the year was thanksgiving/christmas (block sponsorships on christmas eve and christmas day) and
Election..$$$ (didnt have to go collect them babies)

btw did u remember to reorder the teletype paper....(sure wish i had saved some of the more memorable items that came over that noisy thing instead of using it to ignite the trash bin..)

Lt i'm not aware of any free traffic schedulers. used to have one that worked ok but it was dos based and never survived to windoze...
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby ultimatdjz » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:08 am

eghhhh, lol, wow you guys are OOLLLLDDDD, lolol,

j/k,

nah, i've been doing it manually, but we're gettin moer and more and it's tougher to schedule them. i don't really have the time, being a full time student and DOING ALL THE STATION stuff on my own... make a little more money, might be time to hire someone... YUCK! oh well, guess i just should btie the bullet and do it. *beep*.. lol,

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:36 am

:D "ain't nothin sadder than a couple of old timers talking about the old days,,," ( sorta quoting Hub McCann , Secondhand Lions)

LT, sounds like time to enlist a Traffic Manager Trainee,, maybe a Co-Ed Student,,, who is interested in learning..

Remember...Radio was the Original Groupie pool...( the soft warm glow of the xmiter mods and finals served a dual purpose..) :twisted:

egad, its not that simple (or safe) anymore... better scratch that suggestion,,
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby ultimatdjz » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:36 pm

haha, now fellas, i'm not THAT YOUNG, i know that those radio tower thingies have some effect on women to make them just unabashingly attracted to me. production 2 room was always my fav. LOL..

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development