Thanks for "no information"

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Thanks for "no information"

Postby radiomania » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:49 am

Hi Mark,

why we don´t get new infos about your development?
I think there are many user and they are interested about your newest status.

Thanks for your request

Hannes
radiomania
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave@101x » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:13 pm

Yeah, the excitment is all but just about gone now... :?

I login once in a while to see if there's been any progress but it seems the guys went on holiday :!:

Too bad they didn't invite us...

Dave
Dave@101x
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby slimjams » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:23 am

You know, as a faithful DRS’r I would for once in all my small post would agree.
At the same time I’m not knockn’ the product...IT”S GREAT just not finished.

How much longer...who knows? If there was something on this site that said buy 2.11 now and get ENT free BUT who knows when it’ll be finish ,then things would have been a bit different.
If somewhere on this site it said we will give you new modules to download and try but who knows when we will update or inform you when we’ll update then....you get my point.

Now I FULLY understand and appreciate the hard work that the staff at DRS have put in.

But being a radio personality myself for 13 years I’ve seen other Music Automation programs jump 2 full versions.

I also understand that one can use 2.11 and MusicGen to get quite a tight station.

BUT, I would have liked the option of knowing how long it was going to take ENT to hit the scene rather than being pull in as a beta tester.

In the end I will wait just a bit longer as I do love the simplicity of DRS. :lol:
slimjams
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:38 am

To know where we're going,
you have to go back to where we have been...

this is from April 22, 2002 .. 13 days shy of 3 years ago..

DRS 2006 Support Center wrote:Hi guys,

ok, now we are going to move to the most important stuff:
- The On Air Radio Studio and Light
- The Music Scheduler and Light

We will have to program these parallel. But we are going to start off with an On Air Radio Studio which will have basic "Real Time" Scheduling/Shuffle options and all other stuff like carts etc....

We're are going to move away from the "static" dbf playlists and also use a sort of "carts" directly on the main screen. We experienced that this is much more stable and flexible. The items of the carts will be taken later from dbf files which are generated in the Scheduler or which are generated in "real time" by the "big brother" Scheduling system.

So till we "hook in" the Scheduler, we can start with the On Air Radio and its basic functions....This way we have time to discuss how it should look like and how it should work.

Let go...
Mark
DRS 2006

:?:We need more time.. ??:?: How long has is been since anything was discussed about the scheduler .?.. you dont want to know.. the only time it comes up is from users asking questions about release date .. its hard to have a one sided discussion...

:!: The key words "Real Time" is the sticky point... anything less and you have a mGen clone. aka scheduler light...

one mystery is that Drs has not released an "in house version" of a light scheduler, (pre-generated playlists /autoplay mgr) ...even that seems to be out of reach...and that's a big concern to several users who have not made other choices..

I'm sure support will notify us when a new beta is ready so just remember , your not waiting alone..
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:09 am

"You know, as a faithful DRS’r I would for once in all my small post would agree.
At the same time I’m not knockn’ the product...IT”S GREAT just not finished."

I completely agree. DRS is a great product, simple to use and very effective. I chose it after evaluating many other products. DRS had most of what I needed and with the extra functionality of v3 (mainly pre-listen and voice tracker) it was top of the pile - and it was fairly priced.

Yes - the words "buy v2 pro now and get ENT free" did have an influence on me - I foolishly thought that V3 was imminent. That was in December 2002! - Since then all the other products I evaluated have been upgraded and new ones appeared.

Would I buy DRS Today? - Well in truth it is still in my opinion one of the simplest and most effective packages to use BUT lacks some basic features. I am not an internet radio station so those parts of DRS are not important to me - all I want is to see a functionaly Autoplay Manager and the Voice Tracker. Surely if the full blown scheduler is required DRS would be better to hook up with people like MusicGen and offer an add-on package.

We need the autoplay manager so run v2 for our automated playout and V3 for the live assist - but it's a pain maintaining 2 databases.

I know that Mark has LOST a great deal of buiness due to the lack of progress. Don't take this the wrong way Mark, most of us still fully support DRS but the enthusiasm is waning.

Andy

[/img]
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:45 pm

Andy Patrick wrote
most of us still fully support DRS but the enthusiasm is waning.

as several DRS users mentioned here before, the product is great, still enthusiastic about that part. But the waiting for Autoplay / Scheduler is getter tougher every day.....

On Fri Aug 27, 2004 Mark wrote:
And I am quite sure it will be ready before April 2005 icon_wink.gif)))
Adriaan

Postby jdmac » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:57 pm

I am still a strong supporter of the DRS Automation Software. Been using the software for several years now. I am just as eager, as the rest of the DRS'ers here to see 3.0 finished. I am currently using V3 for my station. It runs very smoothly. V2.11 tends to chop off the beginning of short audio files and it doesn't allow for precise out-cues. Otherwise, I would use it for autoplay.

Even if a fully functioning scheduler isn't possible just yet for V3, it be nice to at least see V3 autoload playlists until the scheduler is completely finished.
MIXX 27-7
80s, 90s & Now
jdmac
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Tivoli » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:54 pm

Okey, enough is enough!
Last edited by Tivoli on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tivoli
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave@101x » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:36 am

Yes indeed, Tivoli - your last post was an entertaining read but anger seems to get us nowhere as well.

It seems we're at an end with DRS... are we?

Mind you, It is called "DRS2006" and we're less than a year away! - maybe there's hope yet.

who knows...

Dave
Dave@101x
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:12 am

Something else that someone with highspeed connection may want to check... I downloaded the pro music scheduler beta and the date on the file does not match the date listed on the interactive page.its like a year difference..

. it may be that the interactive page information is not up to date with the files that are there...

fyi
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:59 pm

[content deleted]
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development