OSD and Clock

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

OSD and Clock

Postby KUHB » Wed May 25, 2005 12:20 am

I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but after a while browsing the forum I haven't found anything on the topic. Perhaps it's not really that much of a concern, but is it possible to have a clock and on screen display function as a screen saver as opposed to a module? Some of my DJs aren't the most computer literate, and if I throw too many complicated instructions at them, they get sullen and go back to spinning CDs instead of using the automation system. Having the clock module means they have to find the exit button to get back to the main screen on the computer. It would be cool if all they had to do was wiggle the mouse to make it go away.

If anyone has any ideas for this, let me know. If it's not outside the realm of possibilities, would it be added to the final version of V3? I know you guys really wanted more work to do before releasing the software.

JK
Josh Krohn
KUHB Station Manager
www.kuhb.org
Pribilof Islands Public Radio
KUHB
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Max Million » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:46 pm

Hi KUHB,

maybe this site can help you http://www.gorgy-timing.fr
This is a company that manufactures LED-clocks for radio-and television stations.
They've got something similar to the DRS-clock which is called LEDI-screensaver.

It can be opened as a small application-window on the desktop as well as real screensaver so it will disappear if you move the mouse.
Max Million
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development