What Happen To My Songs!!!

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Re: Okay Then

Postby Dave B » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:27 am

retrocast wrote:More than a little confused here. I saw HRDAT.* and immediately assumed 2.x, not 3 (v3 = DRSMAIN.DBF, not HRDAT.DBF, etc.)

So Dave, you worked on DRSMAIN.* files, rather than HRDAT.*? Just want to get things straight in my head.

I did work with the DRSMain.* files. I thought he was using v2 at first hence my reference to the HRDat.* files. That was my mistake. Your sanity is intact! :)
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Thanks

Postby retrocast » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:36 pm

Thanks Dave. Now I get it. I'm out of ideas if it's not the category thing. Be interesting to know if he's running playlists or rotations in OARS (and contents of TYPES.INI).
retrocast

Postby slimjams » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:16 pm

OOHHH MY GAWD! I GOT IT!…Stay tuned to what happened….
slimjams
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby slimjams » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:07 pm

…so I’m sitting in my studio at 1am…dam near tried everything suggested from Rendy (thanks my man) Dave (Good Looking) Retro (thanks for trying to fix my database)…and the many others that have tried to fix this VERY serious prob.

Determine not to have to start a new database, I once again uninstalled DRS2006 v.2 & v.3 from BOTH of my PC’s. Here is my set up in case you were wondering.
2 PC’s

PC (1) Windows XP SP2
P4 1.8
512 Ram
2 Hard Drives 40 gig & 200 gig

PC (2) Identical to PC1

So at this point I’ve uninstalled DRS on both PC’s (I had already made a backup of my DIGITALDATA folder on an external hard drive).
I then very carefully installed DRS Pro (v2.11) on my On Air PC making sure that it ran by itself no probs.
Then I installed v.3 (ENT) and all it’s betas into the DRS2006 folder. Everything checks out here.

Moving to PC #2 to complete my install. I install DRS Pro (2.11) make sure that’s working alone…

THEN IT DAWNS ON ME!!!! :oops:
I NEVER INSTALLED v.3 (ENT) on the 2nd PC. All I did before (DUH) was use (pull) v.3 (ENT) modules from the On Air PC (PC#1) WHICH IS/WAS A MAJOR NO! NO!
This my friends was the SINGLE problem. Again no fault of DRS…just dumb human error…and not reading “how to network DRS” from the manual section of the site.

So there it is my friends. When all else fails, think of the very simple solution first before you start messing around with your computer.

Thanks Again My Friends For All The Help
Till I *beep* Things Up Again

Slim
Last edited by slimjams on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
slimjams
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:05 pm

I'm glad you got it all sorted out. My father always tells me: "When all else fails, read the directions!". But how many of us actually do that!?
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby slimjams » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:20 pm

Directions...I'm a GUY remember! :lol:
slimjams
New Broadcaster