To the Owners of DRS2006

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

To the Owners of DRS2006

Postby xcellnet » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:14 pm

Are you interested in selling us and our development team your source? We would be very interested in taking over this project from you. We may have access to VC for this type of software project and we could move somewhat quickly to closing a deal.

We believe that this software has great promise, but it seems that you are having problems in making it happen. We spent money of this and would love to upgrade to the enterprise version, but we have to be honest that we have absolutely no faith in your abilty to maintain a project of this scope. We have lurked in the background checking out posts on the forums and it seems that your customer base has the same issues.

Our crew have experience in developing enterprise solutions in for Fortune 500 companies and we can deliver on the promise of your software. We are serious and motivated. We feel our backs are against the wall because we believe you have a great idea in design and easy of use, but with no substantial updates in months we believe you have a dead project. If you have any updates coming please do let us know.

In the next few weeks we are going to make our internal decision to either start searching for a new software app to run our streaming network or begin development of our own system. If any other DRS'ers out there have any suggestions on a good replacement with similar funcationality we would appreicate the advice.

My e-mail is a part of my profile and I am very interested in your reply. As I said before, we are serious and motivated and we are very interested in seeing DRS become successful and a standard. We wish all at DRS the best of luck as well as the people who have bought DRS2006.
xcellnet

Postby Rocket88 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:56 pm

xcellnet, Interesting proposal. That may well be a saving grace.
I wonder how long before a response.?

oh yes, they are moving and out of touch with the cyberworld.. :roll: rats,.... they will never see this... (just kidding, my money says not a single post is missed)!!!

but an interested team could always create their own direct show overlay , but that would not bail us enterprise wishers out...

however it plays out, I applaude your offer and best of luck..

please keep us ( the dirty dozen) informed..
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby xcellnet » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:05 pm

Thx for the comments rocket88, will do on keeping you in the "Loop" (sorry for the Chicago Joke).

I would hope that they would give it at least a thx but no thx response. We aren't trying to flame them out, I'm not *beep*, and whatever path we take we will be using the software for a bit longer.

Just so you know, if we were to develop a system it would include a lot of what we see with DRS as well as other little tidbits, GEO-targeting for the stream as an example. Believe me when I tell you that we have done a bit more than talk about this.

Our goal here is not to flame people out or lay out our design plans. Just that we are serious folks on a mission and we have a plan.

Anyways, again thx for the comments and we will be touching base with ya.
xcellnet

Postby Tony Harding » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:33 pm

If this is a serious offer, why not email Mark direct rather than posting it in a public forum.?
Tony Harding
uktony@apple-fm.net
Listen at http://www.apple-fm.com
Mobile +852 6235 4073
Tony Harding
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:01 pm

If xcellnet really wants to help DRS and is serious about that, this post does not make sense.
Adriaan

Postby xcellnet » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:26 am

Couple of additions.

Good question Tony - Why would you think if these guys don't reply to questions posted on thier forums from thier customers that they would respond to an e-mail directly?

Serious = cash and ability to excute, which I can't prove in a forum nor do I want to try to. And as I said we really don't want to take the route of building it ourselves...but will if we have to.

Adriaan - not really sure what you mean help DRS out? We are looking to help out ourselves by getting a completed app that works as it was advertised and maybe in the process help you and the rest of the DRS'ers.

So you don't understand the post - let me make it simple. If a guy posts on your forums that he wants to give you cash for your code base and that doesn't even get a response except from the usual suspects, then my conclusion is that this project is truely dead. Being that some places in the world it is holiday, I figured to give it a week or so to see if something came of this. But it is also just as easy to spell it out.

Also if we were to build something or invest, we would like to have a way to judge interest. Since nothing is happening here anyways I don't feel too bad taking this approach.

Again, I'm not trying to be a smuck, I just want a working app - is that so wrong?. We have the ability, team, and know how to do it ourselves. We just really don't want to spend the money and involve our biz into another line unless there is no option.

So, Mark (since someone just name dropped), drop me a line man and lets chat. I so motivated to make this work that I'm willing to go to my investors and get the money for your code.
xcellnet

Postby spiritfm » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:05 am

Nice offer xcellent!

But I don't think Mark will give up the project, It will only make them "really" what impatient DRSers, including me think of them.... that after making us upgrade to pro to have the enterprise for free...We really don't know when this system will really be or will it still be completed.

My call (just a suggestion) is to build your own radio automation system, have us help you with sugestions, and the best part is discounted for users of DRS... Just a thought...

Honestly right now I'm using OTSDJ while waiting for the final release of this DRS...

Frederick
spiritfm
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Rocket88 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 am

spiritfm wrote: right now I'm using OTSDJ while waiting for the final release of this DRS...

Frederick

:D :D :D :D :D :D See ya at JJ's.. been there since 2k...
... So together we can wait till it freezes over and never miss a cue point.. :wink:

Ps: xcellnet : now it appears we are down to the dirty Half-dozen... what a surprise,,,

not a dozen replies... not even 12 in the whole **** world... not even 12 of the usual suspects.(self included) reply to either thank or question your offer to purchase the source..

. this is better than late night tv... this almost is like a time warp back to '87 and the early days of BBS'ing when 3-4 regular callers would check in and d/l the latest shareware or play the daily door game...

maybe thats what we need ,,, a door game here where we can check the daily post of the few and play your turn at " Land of Devestation." Sadly. it seems that I must accept defeat ....
Later,
Rocket88
Rocket88
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby LuxuriaMusic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:16 am

I have always questioned the business model from the beginning. There are only so many new licenses you can sell and most software companies would be charging yearly maintenance for their software. This enables a revenue stream, funds support and keeps the development cycles going.

I am little concerned that v3.0 is taking so long - almost 3 years. DRS2006 v2.1.x has served LuxuriaMusic well during that time yet we are looking for a new platform. Any insight on Spacial Audio's SAM?

Regards,

Cliff Chase
LuxuriaMusic, LLC
San Francisco, CA USA
www.luxuriamusic.com
LuxuriaMusic
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:02 pm

[content deleted]
Last edited by DWRoelands on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby ultimatdjz » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 pm

well howdy ya'll!!! been over 2 weeks since a post from me... been so busy working and all that crazy stuff, but this post grabbed my attention. sounds interesting. but i won' lie, the ONLY thing i'm really interested in in the new version is the voicetracker. come on! there's got to be a way to do this! i'm all ears xcellent.

LT
LT
ultimatdjz
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development