Administration Kit

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Administration Kit

Postby peerinto » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 am

Hello DRS folks! Peerinto here with a question for you. A little background. Here in buffalo NY we had a bad storm and I had to do a fresh install of windows on my PC. I am talking for matt. I have been using DRS now for a few years and the program has been working beyond my expiations, I installed the DRS standard package and put a few of my files in it and did a database check, it passed. I then opened the module and hit the start button and music, jingles and spots were recognized and the programs reinstall, was a success. I then went back to the DRS web site and downloaded the administration kit with all the other modules that the teem put together and installed them in the same DRS 2006 folder. Now here we go. I entered my registration key & regestered name then the modules were active. On the left side of the launcher where you see, (Administration Kit, Database Utility, Audio Manager, Music Scheduler, Virtual Cart Machine, On Air DJ Studio, & On Air Radio Station when i click on anything, except Administration Kit, i get an erroe message saying. The connection to the DRS database is not valid or parts of the database are missing. Use the Administration kit to fix the problem. So i go to the Administration kit button and when i click it, to the right it says, C:\DRS2006\Digitaldata--looking to the left--i see Database Error - Files are not there. Could this be, because i did not use the database converter yet? Or, is it something else? Just to let you know I even made a DRS back up file but at the time when I did it within the file I think it's information is telling it the information is on drive G. My G drive now is F drive (don't know grasping at straws) When i close it and open the standard package it will open and work fine. Hope someone reading this can help me, once again thanks for the DRS program.
peerinto
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:32 am

Hi,

you sent the same question to the Help Desk lately and I have answered it there.

Of course you will have to use the converter before using the V3 Betas.

By the way....We are still constantly working on V3. The only reason why it has been a few days since the latest update is because we have sold 2 bigger license packes where we have to do some customizing. However we will have that finished in a few days.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby peerinto » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:31 am

Ok Thank you :P
peerinto
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Soundjudgment » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:08 pm

Just to let you know... we are having the EXACT same problem as 'peerinto' is describing above. Database connector not saving the setup information even with all the file directories properly set in the Database Connector module. DRS 2006 cannot find anything on the Win XP Pro machine here...even when logging on with Full Admin. Rights. Trying to use the Database module would produce nothing but refusals to display any .DBF data or do anything more than load up with a blank display of data-cells. :(

I hope what infomation you provided as a solution works out. We have to work with the PRO version (not Enterprise) as there are other utilites which need to work with the Pro that aren't written for any other version of DRS.

Yes, I left a Help Ticket just today, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a fix for the DRS 2006 PRO Version working with Windows XP Pro for now. :)

EDIT: Additional information. On the suggestion of a co-worker... we tried the exact same INSTALL procedure of DRS 2006 Pro on a system running Windows SERVER 2003. It installed beautifully with all files and directories easily found in the Database Connector module, just the way it should. And the Promo cuts played out from ONAIR just fine. So I would have to say this strange new problem SEEMS to be confined (so far) to only the currently-patched Windows XP Pro machines at this time. But unfortunately, we need the DRS Playouts to BE on Windows XP Pro machines, not on Server 2003. :(
Soundjudgment
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development