Audio Manager delay

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Audio Manager delay

Postby JUUL » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:16 pm

Hello there,

I have just purchased the standard package og DRS2006, and have some issues with the audio manager (both ver. 2 and the bta ver. 3).

All playback functions are delayed, so if i press play it takes a while before it actually starts to play and also when stopping. That makes it quite difficualt to set all the cue, intro times etc. on the songs.

I have tried with my onboard sound card, and with a PCI soundcard Audiotrak Maya MKII but have same issues with both cards.

My computer is a Pentium D 3 GHZ with 1 GB DDR2 memory, so i guess my hardware specs. should be allright.

Anyone who have any tips or tricks to fix this :)
JUUL
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:24 pm

Mostly this is caused by the use of the Broadcast Processor. Disable the Broadcast Processor (V3 Beta: in the Administration Kit) or better: completely remove the Broadcast Processor.

Try again. Big chance the delay has gone.

Let us know.
Adriaan

RE

Postby JUUL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:07 pm

Thanks Adriaan,

After diasbling as you described, it works much better in the audio manager .

Regards
JUUL
JUUL
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:32 pm

In addition to all: I am using the Broadcast Processor Standard right from the beginning. No latency and just a little delay, no problem.

It seems the Broadcast Processor works fine on one computer and does not on another. Just try and tweak.
Adriaan

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development