Hooks and sweepers

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Hooks and sweepers

Postby JUUL » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:44 pm

I have set "hook" times for all my songs in the audio manager, but how do i use these ?

I want to run the OARS and automatically everyhour run some sounds effects / voice overs to announce 3 to 4 upcomming tracks the coming hour and use the hooks for that.

Is that possible and if yes, anyone who can help me out how this is done ?

Sweepers / voice overs - what if i want to play a voice over a song intro, isn't there any way to set this up ?

Im new with DRS but have played a lot with Jazler which have some brilliant functions for this, but they don't have any hook building.

I have just purchased DRS because i'm sure that it is the software im going to use in the future, but just have these few thoughts at this moment :)

Thanks
DJ JUUL
JUUL
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:35 pm

DJ JUUL wrote
Sweepers / voice overs - what if i want to play a voice over a song intro, isn't there any way to set this up ?

There is a way, which I use. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it does not :( Insert a sweeper or jingle in Audio Manager with a cue out point right at start of the file ( let's say 0,1 second). The sweeper or jingle will start at the beginning of the song, at the same time as the start of the song. The song needs to have an intro longer then the sweeper or jingle :oops: Risky to use when in Rotation mode...

As far as voice over is concerned: you will have to wait for the voice track module to be ready, see Interactive Development page. Mark is working on this.

Adriaan - I' m a DRS'er :D
Adriaan

RE:

Postby JUUL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Hey Adriaan,

That sounds like a ok workaround, however the cool part about how Jazler is doing this is that it starts the sweeper / voiceover so it at the same time with the song intro, which i find really nice.

I will play more around with the DRS and see what i find out :)

Regards
JUUL
JUUL
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development