Any news about updates?

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Any news about updates?

Postby yatusabes » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi everybody!!!!!!

Any news about updates?

Thanks for all.
yatusabes
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:48 pm

This is the latest, from Octobre 10th:

10/10/06 DRS 2006 Radio Streamer Manager Final 3.00 All Packages
And the 3.00 Final of the Radio Streamer Manager. Also with fixed Mouse wheel.
Adriaan

Postby yatusabes » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:43 pm

I was wondering if is possible get a little more information about the updates.

Like a beta tester I feel a little abandon.

Thanks for all.
yatusabes
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Well, we are all in the same 'Beta' boat.
I see activity on the site with words from Mark and Martin here and there, but no words on updates. At least, the negativity has been dialed down on the forum.
I may start up a thread or two in the Tips section, just to get some more discussion in programming concepts. A sharing of ideas, etc.
Hang in there. Mark, if you're tuned in, how about a "Hello" once in a while?
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:06 pm

At least, the negativity has been dialed down on the forum.

Yeah, threatening to delete users who say negative things about the software will tend to dial down the negativity. :)

Happy 2007!
V3 is right around the corner.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:28 pm

Hehe, DWRoelands again. How nice of you getting back to us in 2007! We did not thread to delete you, we just asked you to be constructive instead of polluting the forum.

However also happy 2007 from us!

OK, here is the update.

We have done many tests with Windows Vista last days. Some of you may say who cares about Vista? But we also have to take care about the sales and about Vista clients and fact is that DRS 2006 will have to run on Windows Vista if we want to keep up the sales and the great success. At least the new Version 3 has to run on Vista. There is no way around that. I guess you understand that.

We had big problems with Windows Vista because Microsoft took out the Windows Media Player 6.4 interface which means that all current DRS 2006 versions will not work with Windows Vista.

Of course we have found a sollution for this. We did some tests using the Windows Media Player 10 Interface and it seems to work great with all Windows versions. However it will not work with the current Broadcast Processor Plugin because this plugin is coded very close to the system. We have contacted db-audioware to see if there is a solution for this. Everything else will work on Vista.

So at the moment it looks like we will have to switch to the WMP 10 interface which we will do next before we give out the betas with the missing functions. It won't take too long!!! So please don't send us a billion emails. However we want to give db-audioware a few days to see what they can do. We will then decide how to proceed. Switching to the WMP 10 will also have many advantages. For exapmple we will be able to use any dsp plugin available. And there are many....;-)

Just to say it again. We are on it and it will be here soon. I know we said this many times, but we also explained where the problems have been. We will finish V3 now and it will be Vista compatible. We will really push because we will not make 2.11 Vista compatible anymore and therefore we are totally focussing on V3 for the future on DRS 2006. It's time.. ;-)

That's it for the moment. Vista Betas coming up.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BBRadio » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Thanks for update. I think it is very important for DRS to work on Vista. But as far as Broadcast Processor Plugin is concerned I could easily wait for an update to it and perhaps look for an alternative, whereas I can't wait for DRS and I can't think of an alternative.

In Mark we trust!
Ivan
BBRadio
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:57 pm

I suppose this (Vista) Beta's will work on MS Windows XP as well?
Adriaan

Postby X100 NetRock Radio » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:05 am

I just had the coolest idea for DRS 2006. I know it's not as flashy as the other features people have suggested, but I still think it will be a good one. Alright, here it is:

How about a version of DRS that gets updated when the author says it will?

Adam
X100 NetRock Radio
Extreme Broadcaster
Extreme Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:12 am

Hey Adam,

that would be a very cool feature ;-) Indeed!

But I already said it many times and I am so tired to explain it over and over. We are not 100 programmers which are working on the software. MS may have many more than 1000 and also is not able to always be ready just in time. During a creation of such a big software there are many problems which can come up. Like now with Vista. You can never say if a problem is solved in minutes or if it takes weeks. You can't even see how many problems there may be during the development. Fact is that we started a very ambitioned project with DRS 2006 V3 and that it may have been a little too much for one step. Fact is also that we (including me) had a few personal problems which delayed this process tremendously. Again. We are sorry...

Please, all you guys complaining all the time:

"Take it or leave it!"

We are not asking you to wait till it's ready. We are not asking you to take the free update. Go and get yourself something else and please do not pollute our forum every day by complaining. No matter what we write, you are complaining. I guess you are not married ;-)

We already know what you think about the delays!!!

To all the guys that were with us during this hard time. I thank you and I promise I will do my best to get it ready as fast as possible. We are on it!

So now to your questions:
Yes, the new DRS 2006 will run on all Operating Systems and it will also enable any DSP plugin, Dave from db-audioware is currently looking at the Broadcaster Processor plugin and I am sure we will transfer it to this system quite easily.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ron » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi Mark and thanks for the update regarding Windows Vista. I have been using Windows Vista since the first beta and lost Windows XP during an upgrade and have not been able to use DRS2006 since.

I am totally dedicated to beta testing these days with no restrictions on anything. In the true spirit of beta testing things will crash and burn, it's the nature of the game.

I look forward to the release of Version 3 working with Vista it will be a pleasure to have DRS2006 back running in the test mode again, I lost my old DRS friend when Vista was installed.

If I may could I make a suggestion? How about a different name for Version 3, Instead of DRS2006, how about DRS2007 or higher.

It's a different world now what with all the changes that Windows and the media players have transformed into, not to mention the hardware releases.

Hopefully Dave will be able to find a solution to the processor plug -in but like anything it does take time.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the others in the forum well and encourage everyone to just be postive, remember a pat on the back goes a lot futher than a slap in the face.

Take care all.....
Ron
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Tivoli » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:02 pm

Good to see that my "wild guess" from 2005 came true!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:33 pm Post subject: Wild guess!
When DRS2006 will be released a new Audio Engine will be used. Several times we have heard that the development of 3.0 is taking longer because of some problems. I would say that using WMP 6 in an upcoming release is a big problem. On of the major issues a software developer stands up to is the release of a new OS. With longhorn on it's way, we will not se WMP 6 included for sure. And the winamp PFL solution will just render numerous support calls, not to mention what the Voice Track feature would cause in problem solving.

Back then it was even called Longhorn - Hahahaha
Hope this won't cause the delays we encounterd the last time wmp 9 was tested. (Audio hickup delays of course)

Tivoli
Tivoli
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:13 pm

We did not thread to delete you, we just asked you to be constructive instead of polluting the forum.
Yes, you did. Then you deleted the thread where you made the threat. But hey, it's your forum - you certainly have the right to censor anything you want.

Yes, the new DRS 2006 will run on all Operating Systems and it will also enable any DSP plugin
That's a heck of a claim. DRS is going to run on OS/X? Linux? BeOS? OS/2?
V3 is right around the corner.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby jono » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:42 pm

Yes, the new DRS 2006 will run on all Operating Systems and it will also enable any DSP plugin
That's a heck of a claim. DRS is going to run on OS/X? Linux? BeOS? OS/2?[/quote]

DWRoelands you really are a knob
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Wish it would run on OSX

Postby LeeL » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:38 pm

With the release of Vista and the need to upgrade hardware and an entirely new OS I decided to take a look at all my options. Well after 3 weeks of research I have switched to Macs and OSX. So for me I wish this were true, I wish DRS2006 would be cross platform. But at this point I am sure everyone just wishes 3.0 was available on any platform. :)

Lee
LeeL
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Next

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development