Database updating issues

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Database updating issues

Postby WDA1 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:48 pm

I have two machines networked together, running DRS2006 v3.

Machine "A" is only used for production purposes... loading new music/audio, trimming, editing cue points, etc.

Machine "B" is the broadcast machine ONLY. running DRS, DRS Internet Broadcaster, and Broadcast Processor Standard.
The database is kept on the C:\ drive of Machine "B." (is seen via Machine "A" as drive G:\.

I recently replaced Machine "A". I reinstalled DRS 2 first, then updated that to DRS 3. I have all the latest updates from the site.
Now when I access the database with Machine "A," and make any changes, these changes are not reflected in the database when it is accessed via Machine "B".
[example: I used Machine "A" to enter a new piece of audio. I set up all cue points. I then closed out of DRS in machine "A" and tried to insert this new audio into the running schedule on Machine "B," and it's nowhere to be found in the database.]

any suggestions?

Thanks... Andrew
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Dave B » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:30 pm

Try re-indexing the database using the Database Utility.
Dave
Soft ' N Easy Net Radio

Tel: 1-888-256-0242
"Magic Of The 80's"
Saturdays 8PM EST and Sundays 12PM EST.
Dave B
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:31 pm

WDA1, you did not change the name of the computer "A", did you?
Adriaan

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development