DTM does not startup

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

DTM does not startup

Postby pro---studio » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Hi erveryone,

I did a clean install of DRS2006 V2, then an update on V3.
I use a server and some clients.

But....

When I try to start the DRSDTM.exe on the server it says:
"You can only start the Database Transaction Manager (DTM) on the DRS 2006 Database Server PC"

But this is the server PC. I shared the C:\drs2006\digitaldata folder, but I cannot get the DTM to work. What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!
pro---studio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:07 am

I am very curious what the solution is to this problem since I tried to network DRS2006 also a few month ago and got the same error. Use the serach function for the topic "Networking DRS2006". One of the replies says:
To get over the DTM error you need to have the DTM running on the PC that holds the database. You can start this by opening one of the playout modules on this PC and then closing it again. You will see a little icon in the system tray to indicate that the DTM is running.

I have DRS running on 4 PC's which are all networked together and it works fine (on DRS version 2). It is not as fast with V3 but is usable.

It seems to me that this problem occurs with V3 Beta's.

I tried the suggestion but it didnot help me out. I have a Dell server for sale right now :x
Adriaan

Postby pro---studio » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:32 am

I got it.

The problem is, that DTM only starts up, if you have set up the Database in the Administration tool on your C Drive.

For me that is no good solution, because the c drive is the system drive on my server, that isn't mirrored. I have a raid setup in this machine and it would be great if i could put the database on this drive. But then i cannot start the dtm anymore.

This has to be changed!
pro---studio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development