On Air Studio will not work on XP Pro

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

On Air Studio will not work on XP Pro

Postby Andy Patrick » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi all,

I have a problem with the On Air Studio module for V3. I have raised a ticket through the help desk and had some feedback from Mark but he has never heard of this problem before.

We are installing a new PC for DRS, running XP Pro. I have installed V2.11 and everything works OK. I have then installed the V3 beta's and they all work perfectly EXCEPT the On Air Studio.

Every time I try and open it I get the small DRS box for a few seconds and then it dissapears. Studio does not open and I get no error messages. Strang....

Brand new Dell, Intel E6400 Processor, 1G RAM.

I have even re-installed windows again but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Cheers - Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Coyote » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:39 am

Andy,
Are you using Win XP Pro 64x?
Try DRS without install any audio or video drivers. The meaning is because I had a problem with OAdj and found out the video driver was it.
If you are using a clean install, and works, then start to install each of the drivers untill you have the problem again.

Ju@n
Coyote
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:21 am

Hi Ju@n,

Thanks for the tip. I have found the fault. It is the driver for the onboard soundcard (Sigmatel STAC 92xx). If I disable that then ALL the DRS modules open OK, but of course don't play! I am running the latest driver for this card.

I will be installing a pro-card anyway (M-Audio Delta 1010LT) but did not want to continue building the machine with this problem.

Thanks again for your help in tracking down the fault. Strange that all the other DRS modules open and play fine excetp the on-air studio!

Might be different with the new Vista modules..

Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby WDA1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Don't expect it yet. According to the Interactive Development page:

We do not really recommend to switch to Vista this early because many drivers are not working 100% at the moment. We have tested this one with a beta sound card driver from creative and it is working ok, altough our XP PCs are still working much better with the good old drivers. So please give the developers some time to update all drivers before you risk to broadcast with Windows Vista.

If it's any consolation, many users of ANOTHER automation system are also having issues using their systems with Vista.
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:55 am

I will most certainly NOT be migrating to Vista any time soon. My comment was whether the updated modules with the later WMP interface would fix my particular problem.

Cheers - Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby WDA1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:50 pm

From the "For-What-It's-Worth" department...

Even the "big boys" in automation are not overly thrilled with using VISTA yet. In the PSI-NexGen tech forum, even the President of Development and Technology at Prophet had this to say to a customer trying to find solutions to VISTA not agreeing with Prophet's NexGen." .......

You'll have to define for us what "not working" means... But in general, I'm curious why you would want to entrust a station onto a brand new operating system that hasn't proven itself yet...
PSI NexGen works on WindowsXP which will be supported by Microsoft for years to come, so why the rush to try it on Vista?

Vista, while it may have all the "flash and POW" you wanted to see, it's still working out it's OWN bugs.
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development