How much longer?

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

How much longer?

Postby djneiljbirmingham » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:21 pm

I have had to by a new laptop to replace my old one, but i have had to have a new one with vista on it.

When will the new version of DRS be ready?

Over the last couple of weeks ive emailed support and i get varied answers, one stating a few days, one stating a few weeks, and i just seem to be in dispair at the moment having to go back to old ways of djing at the weekend by using good old cd's, especially now i have a more upto date laptop and not being able to use it.

Has anyone got a full clarity of the situation, it would be appreciated.

Thankyou.
djneiljbirmingham
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:00 pm

If I read this on Interactive Development page
We do not really recommend to switch to Vista this early because many drivers are not working 100% at the moment. We have tested this one with a beta sound card driver from creative and it is working ok, altough our XP PCs are still working much better with the good old drivers. So please give the developers some time to update all drivers before you risk to broadcast with Windows Vista.

I would say still "months" to go rather then "days" or "weeks" :(
Adriaan

Postby Dave Keller » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:29 pm

Has anyone tried running DRS2006 via Virtual PC (free from Microsoft) on Vista emulating XP?
Can't wait for DRS2007
Dave Keller
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Coyote » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:48 pm

As far as I know, Windows Vista has the same function as Win XP Pro to switch the programs to run in an older OS. Even if the "work team" has not made all the DRS modules to run under Vista, maybe you can test drive with this function. Just click on the desktop icon go to "properties" and then "compatibility" and select the operative system you think DRS runs better.
Waiting for your results about this test.

Ju@n
Coyote
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby DWRoelands » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:39 pm

When will the new version of DRS be ready?

DRS refuses to say. The beta test for this version has been going on for more than four years.
V3 is right around the corner.
DWRoelands
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby djneiljbirmingham » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Its just strange really cos, the other week when i had to buy a new laptop, i emailed then and they distinctivly said should be ready in a few day. Then on a second email a few weeks.

Honestly I just don't know what to believe.

Ive gone to use traktor dj studio 2 which is 5 years old and made for xp and runs perfectly on vista and also mixmeister too with no problems.

So truthfully, is there any reason to believe anything DRS are saying about compatable drivers, or is it they just cant be bothered. As one reply says we've been waiting a good few years for an update.
djneiljbirmingham
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development