Congratulations, Mark ...

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Congratulations, Mark ...

Postby Condorito » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:37 am

You have accomplished your dream. I came back after a year (vacationing) and I find that you finally got rid of those pesky guys that gave $500.00 or $60.00 to you on your lame promise of giving them an updated version of the outdated (Borland) program they were getting screwed with.

I guess every one of your customers is ashamed of being seen logged into this site. They rather peek in as a guest than being seen as another guy suckered by DRS, the ghost company, with ghost employees, a ghost address and a ghost building. Did they put your building up yet? I haven't checked Google lately. If I was to guess, there is no building, just the same empty lot.

Well Mark. I don't know about the rest of your customers, but you and I have a $500.00 problem that I would like to resolve very soon. I am not going to wait until my next trip to Europe to go collecting this debt personally. So, and this is just a suggestion. This whole thing looks like embezzlement. Chances are you will end up in jail when you figure that if your numbers are not vaporware you probably sold at least $150,000 of your program.
That will get lawyers going after you like flies in a meat market.

SO, quit the partying, drinking, womanizing, and all the other things that have brought you so much fun and FINISH THE F.....G program.

Regards,

Condorito

PS.: Try not to delete it. It only shows a very bad attitude and that Rowlands was right all these years.
Condorito
Ca. USA
Condorito
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby BBRadio » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 am

I bought Ent. version on the promise of free upgrade to v.3 when it becomes available. This implied that there would be future release of v.3 final, but you were spending money on v.2 . Indeed, Beta version was so good I forked out $500. What I got was perfectly usable v.2 . v.3 might or might not get finished - ever, but I do not feel like I am owed $500. I understand people's frustrations and I still check this site for updates every so often. But to threaten somebody with trip to their door to settle the score and get the money back?!?! Grow up!
Ivan
BBRadio
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:06 pm

@condorito : although we all are not amused by the delay of the release DRS2006 V3, this seems over the top to me. You have a good working version (V2.11), and you will get V3 free when it comes. Attacking Mark this way is not fair.

If you don'y have the patience to wait, go and find the bugs in other software. Complain in their forum. And return at the end to see that DRS2006 is by far the most user friendly Radio Automation Software.
Adriaan

Postby WDA1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:23 pm

ADrian....

but don't you find it a LITTLE odd, that a piece of software called, "DRS2006" still isn't finished by more than halfway through 2007?

I too bought the prefectly usable v2.11, while beta testing v3. After countless months of NO WORD AT ALL from development on ANY final version, I gave up hope, chalked it up as experience, and moved on to a different company and different software. This other company, while a bit more expensive, at least has an ACTIVE support forum that actually provides support, and and support team that returns emails, usually within 24-48 hours and actually fixes problems.

Yes, DRS has my money... but yes, I also have their software. It does work (although no where NEAR the capability of what I'm using now,) and I will keep my DRS for emergency use. It's just sad and disappointing to see that the company [DRS] and it's staff doesn't care about their customers enough to keep them up to date on things with some form or progress report. A bit of honesty on their part could go a long way for many of us... but it seems we can't even get THAT out of them. This certainly ins't a good way to do business.
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby BenC » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Gee...tell us how you really feel. :P

As for me, I'm one of the few who still hasn't given up hope yet.
-------------------------------------------------------
Music, there is none greater.
BenC
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby WDA1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm certainly not suggesting you not hold out hope. Honestly, it's the only reason I come back to the forum once or twice a month. Part of the agreement was that we'd get the full v3 once it was finished. Even though I'm not using it anymore, doesn't make me any less entitled to it, plus it's always good to have a back-up emergency plan.
I don't want to be considered one of those "*beep*" forum members that only comes in here to complain and insult Mark, or the company. During my use of DRS, I was a regular contributor here, helped out when I could, and had some questions answered. I certainly wish nothing of bad nature to anyone with this company either. I just feel it is 'bad business,' to leave not just your customers, but your beta testers 'in-the-dark,' for as long as they have. In the end, wouldn't you prefer a customer that knew they could count on not only a great product, but professional, courteous support? Sadly as of late, it seems the flow of communication between customers/testers and support/development has become a one-way street.
The last update was February. This is now July. If absolutely nothing has been accomplished in nearly six months, how 'bout just a quick email or posting saying so? Maybe they've only managed two lines of code in that time... if so, tell us about it.

[gets off soapbox]

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 pm

WDA1 wrote:
ADrian....

but don't you find it a LITTLE odd, that a piece of software called, "DRS2006" still isn't finished by more than halfway through 2007?

Mark has several times explained the reasons why development is taking longer as expected. If you can't accept that, fine. You will have to use other (more expensive) software.

I do not need support, DRS2006 is rock stable. I need the Scheduler, soon. I will wait (unless Dalet Full Version comes with an offer for $ 600 :D )
Adriaan

Postby WDA1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:53 pm

Look, I'm not arguing that DRS isn't rock solid in what it does, and can do. For what I was doing when I started with it, it worked GREAT. But when I was ready to expand, I needed to (and did,) change to different software that now handles everything I need it to.
I understand when there are delays in development. That is the nature of the business. YES, I have seen just about every post on here from Mark and the reasons for delays. Does that still excuse him from giving us SOME SMALL word on how things are going? Even if he were to simply stop by, and take 30 seconds to jot down a quick note saying, "Hey, we're not missing in action, just still delayed with... such-and-such." Even something as simple as THAT would be great. But we've not seen a single word in ages. Doesn't it make you wonder at ALL?

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Harrison » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:49 am

I can't even begin to understand the pressure Mark is under to finish this project. But knowing him he will, and it will be perfect.

I shall encourage him to participate more. I'm sure he wants to, just gets bogged down with work.

It saddens me to see so much negativity. I can't really blame you for you understandable impatience. Just be open to the notion that things will be right soon enough.
Harrison
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Harrison
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby djneiljbirmingham » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:48 pm

If I have heard rightly by some professional radio dj's DRS 2006 no long exists as a company so how the *beep* can he be under pressure. Hes took our money and run.

Also like myself at lot of dj's who use it in bars clubs etc need a new laptop to use it, most all new pcs with more hard drive etc come with vista. Give it a year you just wont be able to get XP. Escpecially when most normal people go to currys, comet or PC World for a laptop. I got fed up with the same answer, "Why didnt you get a PC with XP" As newer and more powerful computer come along you go for the best and it wont be XP.

So stop fobbing us all off with lame excuses and type an official statement on when, if and how it will all be sorted out. Or tell us truthfully the company is dead. And stop swindling people out of money. Or shall I just report you to who I work for in the day time. TRADING STANDARDS. Im sure they would like to know about all the false promises.
djneiljbirmingham
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Content... hopeful, but content

Postby WLAS 90.7 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:47 pm

To all of you whiners out there who like to throw around the term "embezzlement" without any regard for its legal definition:

I am extraordinarily happy with DRS2006, that's not to say that there aren't quirks I'd like to change (using multiple sound cards, more robust scheduler, and cue times to a decimal point of a second for example), but its an incredibly reliable, reliable, and stable program.

Prior to purchasing DRS for use at another broadcaster, I searched high and low for automation software. I had been burnt by Broadcast Software International's "WaveStation" several years earlier (several thousand dollars for the program and their recommended nearly-proprietary sound-card). It crashed constantly, missed cues, ate-up money and made our professional webcasting service sound like a bunch of college-DJ's on crack.

DRS was the most cost-effective product with the best list of features. The only other sub $1K product that came close was OTSRadio and that is having similar problems with regards to updates.

In the meantime, I have a program that I can run and walk away from knowing that if we're off the air, its my own fault. In the 3 years I've been running DRS, I've never had a crash or a bluescreen. I'll gladly pay $500 anytime for a fully operational rock-solid piece of software that offers features not found anywhere under $1000+.

Sure I'd like to see an update, but in the meantime, we have all received what we were promised, a working ver 2.x and free access to any upgrades when they're released. No sign of embezzlement.

If you bought a piece of software that you knew you were unhappy with, only because of a promised upgrade, then shame on you!!!!

And lest you think otherwise, I have no connection to mark, DRS or anyone else related to the company, I'm just a satisfied user.

Shawn M. Fink
WLAS 90.7 FM
Menorah Park Center for Senior Living
Beachwood, OH
Shawn M. Fink
WLAS 90.7 FM
Menorah Park Center for Senior Living
Beachwood, OH USA
WLAS 90.7
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

All of Mark's ardent defenders and a few reasonable people:

Postby Condorito » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:29 am

Which part of getting screwed you guys do not understand? If I promised you something "when finished" in exchange for buying a 5 year old product that is not moving very well, when you do not receive that something, doesn't that give you the right to complain about it? Did somebody change the meaning of honesty?

Unless you guys are completely convinced that being politically correct is the only way to live, sorry, I got news for you. Hopefully, very, very soon, we'll go back to "shoot first, ask questions later". Look around you. Look what happened when Europe decided to appease Hitler. It costed the US plenty. No need to repeat history again. Next time, we are not paying. But, never mind, most of you were not born yet and you would not know what the "Great Generation" did for the world you are living in and claiming your own.

The next thing you are going to tell me is that Mark needs it. Well, I need it too. I paid for Enterprise 3.11, I want Enterprise 3.11. I don't care what it takes. He made a promise; I intend to hold him to it if I'm the last guy standing. I don't care if he broke a finger, if he got drunk and has a hung-over, if the wife run off with the milkman, I don't give a crap about his excuses. He promised something, he took the money from me and he is going to deliver.

I am sick of his lies. I’m sick of him hiding. Look at the company address. IT IS AN EMPTY LOT as of the last time I checked Google. The company is a ONE MAN BAND. The guys that have helped him before are long gone, probably because they got sick and tired of his lies, broken promises, etc.

To BBR: You said it. He PROMISED YOU SOMETHING. That means him OWES YOU WHAT HE PROMISED. I don't know if your English is the same I speak. I did not threaten anybody; I just said I would not wait until my next trip to Europe. There are other means, you know. (Another threat?). Inasmuch as growing up, I can probably double your age. If you were born during or after the 60's, don't tell me to grow up and you'll never approach the Great Generation. YOU ARE NOT RONALD REAGAN, you know?.

Adriaan: I am not attacking Mark. I am stating facts. He has lied over and over again. Is there another way to say it? If you had read my last year's statement of facts, you would know that I wrote my own program (90 days)and I did mention that networkwise, speedwise, every which way I can beat his Borland garbage 1000:1. So, I don't need his buggy program, I want my $500.00. And YES: I RUN OUT OF PATIENCE. I want my 500 bucks to buy beer and re-write the program into Linux. Then, it will run separate from Windows garbage, Vista and all the other crap you guys will be talking about sooner or later. Gates is God and don’t you forget it. Send him money, buy Vista so he can help Africa, *beep* the US.

Andrew: Doesn't it surprise you that he did not even update the name of the web site to 2010? I guess he could not afford to spend 10 bucks on a new domain, beer comes first. Unless Mark tells us the opposite, we have to work on the basis that he run away with our money, we’ve been had and we better go chasing after him very soon. It is my $500, your $500 which could easily amount to a few hundreds of thousands of dollars. If that is the case, I really want to see him in jail and soon. I am not for that type of charity.

BenC: I feel like I did not get kissed. Have you enjoyed it thoroughly? Who knows... you might get kissed one of these days. I lost hope.

Andrew: Look at what we got for an update. Somebody gave him the out with Vista and he came up with a patched up version of Audio Manager that could handle Vista but did not play music. (Crumbs for the dogs) Who is he kidding? Does he think we are a bunch of idiots? On the other hand, hey, if we complain about his lack of honesty once a year I think we are falling way short.

Adriaan: Let me make it short and sweet. Mark lost credibility many years ago. Look at what you are saying. You need the Scheduler, soon. There is no Scheduler. The Enterprise has shrunk every time there was pressure to come up with updates.

Andrew: In management there is only one way to go. It is your department, if your dept screws up, you are out. Everything else is excuses. The one man band has to pay, it is his fault, there is nobody else to blame around. There is no such thing as bad luck; you make your luck. You want to play instead of work? Look at what he has done to this company.

Harrison: We have missed you in the last 4 years. You were the only one with the knowledge and the honesty. I don't think your coming back is to your advantage. I don't think Mark deserves your help. Your good name should not be associated with his. Don't waste your time encouraging him to participate. He won't. He ruined everything around him, why would you begin to believe he will get himself straight?

Shawn:
To all of you whiners out there who like to throw around the term "embezzlement" without any regard for its legal definition:
well I'm waiting. Since you put a colon in there, I'm waiting for your definition of embezzlement. Do you mean to tell us it means you are "extraordinarily happy with DRS2006"? Should we assume (makes an ass of you and me) that Windows makes you extraordinarily happy, too?

Well, at least one of Mark's customers got what he was promised or deserves. He is the same guy that states unashamedly: "In the 3 years I've been running DRS, I've never had a crash or a blue screen. (What a crock) What are you running for an OS? Windows WILL NOT GO THAT FAR unless it’s turned off. This is not an exaggeration, it is an outright lie. Shawn, you are so full of it, I can smell you from here and it is not the lake aroma. Go make sure your computer is running, they cut the power off last month.
==============================================================================

djneiljbirmingham
New Broadcaster I COULD HAVE NOT SAID IT BETTER.

So stop fobbing us all off with lame excuses and type an official statement on when, if and how it will all be sorted out. Or tell us truthfully the company is dead. And stop swindling people out of money. Or shall I just report you to who I work for in the day time. TRADING STANDARDS. I’m sure they would like to know about all the false promises.

Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
Go to Euroconsumer if you have a cross border e-consumer complaint
* Consumer Affairs which covers non-food consumer products and services such as:
comparative and misleading advertising, consumer credit, consumer education, dangerous imitations, distance selling, door-to-door sales, e-commerce, guarantees, labelling, package travel, price indications, product liability, product safety and much more.
You can contact:
share-it and explain to them what DRS2006 is doing to buyers with false promises.
Digital River GmbH
Vogelsanger Str. 78
D-50823 Cologne
Germany
Condorito
Ca. USA
Condorito
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Harrison » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Right guys,

As of now you have all had chance to complain and voice your opionions.

Therefore this thread will be closed and any newly opened threads on this topic wil be closed until I have had chance to respond to all your customer support issues.

I'm not saying you cannot speak. I'm asking for time to gather the information you need.

Regards,
Harrison
DRS 2006 Support Center
DRS 2006 - Harrison
DRS'er
DRS'er

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development