SUGESSIONS FOR VERSION 3.0

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

SUGESSIONS FOR VERSION 3.0

Postby Playon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:59 pm

HI i am currently running DRS 2006 V2.11 Pro
I recently downloaded the betas for 3.0 and i mus tell you that
i think your audio Manager and OARS ROCKS this being said i have a few suggestions for you here goes i really like working in the OARS instead of the OADJS i asked a little while ago if there was anyway that when you load the AORS in v2.11 that it could load blank instead of loading the last playlist and the answer was a plain and simple no so i went along using the dj studio instead until the other day when i loaded the Beta 42 for The OARS and somehow now when i open the Beta 42 for the OARS it loads blank
now this made me happy REAL happy now i am able to manipulate it the way i want though there are still some short comings ( If you checkout a lot of automation software this is how it loads eg simian from BSI) I think that if you can keep it this way you will attract a lot of customers because i think DRS is a real good product with a few changes it could be a real beauty to work with let me state that for serious broadcasting i want the OARS to operate this way i could live without the OADJS. Sugestion # 2 can you design the OARS to accept more than six files at a time at present using it in the situation i have i can only load six files at a time and sometimes my commercials would be played at least 10 at a time back to back. what i am saying to you is that i want to use the OARS in a real time live situation cause the way i am using it at the moment is exactly how a lot of broadcasters prefers an automation sotware to work.
Playon
Playon
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby X100 NetRock Radio » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 am

Dude, have you ever heard of a period (.) ? Or a comma (,) ? Using these little tiny objects would make your post much more enjoyable to read.
X100 NetRock Radio
Extreme Broadcaster
Extreme Broadcaster

Postby Playon » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:41 pm

Ok then, commas and periods aside do you have any suggestions, anything to add to mine or do u at all support anything i posted.
Playon
Playon
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Jeremy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:58 pm

For the time being, there are a couple of workarounds (I'm not sure what will be put in to v3):

1.) you can make it load blank every time by buliding a blank playlist. you just have to make sure that's the last playlist you load before you exit out of OARS.

2.)You can use the music scheduler to make "playlists" and when you want to call them up, you can go "chain new playlist" and pick the list you want. It will actually tack it to the end of the current playlist. Whether the OARS will be built to accept more than 6 slots at any given time when you manually insert into OARS, I'm not sure. I know the 2.11 version will handle it just fine.
DRS 2006 - Jeremy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development