DRS 2006 Version 2.2 for Vista and XP

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Postby lewebdalex » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:17 pm

A maybe stupid question, but anyway.
This could be General for DRS2006, not this release only.

In the Radio Studio PRO, we are using the Shuffle Mode by exemple. I decide to click on Shuffle Manager and Shuffle now : The sound who is playing continue to "play - sound is still coming out" but no update of the trackbar and counter is made. Like if the display was frozen.
We have to wait that the track ends (without knowing when this will happens) and
1/ Click on Start again.
Or 2/ Wiating that the Silence detector detects it.

Not so easy ...

Alex.
lewebdalex
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby lewebdalex » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Ok, another one.
This one, I admit it, is quite un-common. But it could happens on air, we don't know.

When the Shuffle Mode is on AND the AutoPlay too, i don't know when the software decides to re-generate a list. I suppose there is a timer who check that...
But, if you try to click Start - Start - Start - Start - Start ... every 2 seconds by exemple (I was doing that to check the capacities of the soft and to track sound errors), when we arrive to the last element of the shuffled playlist, the screen stop updtating again (as I told in my previous post) and there is no new re-generate playlist coming.

And we have to wait again the end of the sound ... without kwnowing ... click start or wait for the silence detector.

Alex.
lewebdalex
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby lewebdalex » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Ok another one.
I'm sorry to post like that, i'm just testing the soft capabilities to the end...

So, here is the story again : I was bored of these new sound demos and commercials of 2min and the other one of 1min so I've been to the audio manager and delete the items.

When I opened the Radio Studio Pro again, why are they still playing ? I quite remember from my previous utilisations and forum checkes that there is something with the Database and the re-indexation.
You sould really do something about it.

Alex.
lewebdalex
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Hey Alex,

hehe, yes this is very uncommon.

We know that V2.11 or now V2.2 has a few things that are not perfect. It works well if you operate it normally which most do, but if you do very uncommon things you may run into a problem. For examaple if you hit the start button 100x within a few seconds.

With Version 3 we tried and are still trying to fix many of these things. We do not really want to take a look at these smaller issues under certain circumstances with V2.2 anymore. We do not think it makes sense, because we want to concentrate on version 3 now and finally finish it. And so far most of the clients were happy with 2.11.

We have done a Version 2.2 now first because we have many clients which have bought a new PC and did not get Windows Xp for it anymore (MS Strategy to sell Vista). Also we get many emails from people who download our demo and are complaining that it does not work for Vista.

So we want to release a Version 2.11 now with not much changes but is working for Vista as well. This will be version 2.2. We will then immediatly finsh V3 as quick as possible. Here we will take a look at all these smaller problems you might have under special conditions.

At the moment we just want to know if Version 2.2 runs as good as Version 2.11 on Vista and on XP.
Last edited by DRS 2006 - Mark on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lewebdalex » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok, I understand it.

Please just note these remarks somewhere for the V3 optimisation :)

Have a great day or night, don't know the time at your place.
Alex.
lewebdalex
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi Alex,

like mentioned this is really slowly going to far. It is normal that you still have the items in the playlist after deleting them in the main database. The is how DRS 2006 works. You copy the database items from the main database into a playlist. When you delete them in the main database, they are of course still in the playlist you made, loaded, saved etc. Everything else would make no sense at all. When you then make a new playlist or shuffle, they of course will be gone.

I am in Germany. So pretty close..... ;>
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adriaan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 am

What's next, Mark?
Adriaan

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Like we said. If all is ok the next betas of 3.0 will come next. However today we are updating all our Radio Streamer servers to keep them rock stable.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BenTCFM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Good to hear RE. Radio streamer! & even better about 3.0!

Thanks for the update.
Ben C
Music / Tech Dept
89.7 Twin Cities FM
www.twincitiesfm.com.au
"On-air 24/7 & Using Drs ENT V3"
BenTCFM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby yatusabes » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Glad to hear about 3.0 :D
yatusabes
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Hit Music Radio » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:36 pm

I've tried PM'ing Mark, and I've tried contacting support and creating a ticket where you download the new v2.2 from..?

Best Wishes,
Wayne Cubitt
Hit Music Radio
Hit Music Radio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi,

our help desk send the download location. Please check your Spam filter, since you do not seem to get our answers.

Here is a small update.

I have a built a mass tagger / tag repair software in the meanwhile which is almost ready. We thought this will be necessary because the new Windows Media Player interface is more picky with mp3s and it's headers. To prevent a gazillion emails we will release this soon and then make all current V3 modules Vista compatible.

I will need to go to the hospital tomorrow with my little girl because she needs a surgery on her belly button. Nothing serious! Will just take a day or two off.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

v3

Postby kfm1015 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:28 pm

ok i am using V3 now, is there some way to do events? i need to play recorded program from the day during night at certain time.. what options do i have with v3 ?
When is next beta exspected... anyone knows ?
kfm1015
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 am

kfm1015 wrote:
ok i am using V3 now, is there some way to do events? i need to play recorded program from the day during night at certain time.. what options do i have with v3 ?

Since the Music Scheduler is not ready yet for version 3, it is not possible to program a show on a certain time. You'll have to do this manually. It can be done in version 2.11 using the Autoplay Manager.

For all information on beta's, visit the Interactive Development section.
Adriaan

Postby Hit Music Radio » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know if version 2.2 can only be run on vista because im currently experimenting with it on XP for the new DSP interface and shuffle mode seems to randomly crash unlike the previous version 2.11 on XP.

Any idea's?

Best Wishes,
Wayne Cubitt
Hit Music Radio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development