DRS 2006 Version 2.2 for Vista and XP

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Postby Ron » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:29 pm

After Futher testing,

I also find that the hole in the previous or current selection that is playing also occurs not only when the next selection starts automatically, but if you use the "Start" button to manually start the next selction the Hole in the audio of the current song is also present.

I'll keep updating if I find any thing else....
Ron
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Ron, this issue is adressed years earlier. Caused by the DRS Internet Broadcaster. Is the Internet Broadcaster disabled in your setup?
Adriaan

Postby Ron » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:30 am

Adriaan

The answer is NO, the internet broadcaster is not enabled, in fact it was not even installed. The hick-up at the end is noticable in the "DJ Studio as well and was not there in any module until this last beta.

I un-installed the previous beta prior to installing this beta and did not elect to install the "Internet Broadcaster" in either case by intent.

A quick check in the directory where DRS2006 is installed "Default Directory" does not show a .exe file for the "Internet Broadcaster" as well, but does for the other modules.

As I mentioned previously the hick-up was not there in beta 1 but for some reason is, in beta 2 with "Windows Vista Ultimate"

I am methodically checking each function and module starting with the default install including the database to help isollate the cause and event.

While the sysmptoms may be similar to that of the "Internet Boadcaster" nothing would indicate that the "Internet Broadcaster" in installed either by intent or by accident and the absence of the executable in the DRS2006 directory would tend to confirm that.

Ron
Ron
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Ron » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:29 pm

I failed to mention in the earlier post that the "Internet Broadcaster Plugin" was also disabled for every module in the DRS2006 Launcher.
Ron
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am

So, it is not the DRS2006 Internet Broadcaster then :? I am sorry I can not be of any help since I am not using Vista yet.
Adriaan

Postby DRS 2006 - Jeremy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey Mark:

This is a minor thing...nothing big, but is it possible that when you perform an install you can specify a different directory to install the software to rather than C:\DRS2006? I have a version of 2.11 running under Windows XP and I do need that for DJing, but I still would like to try the betas under my Vista install.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Jeremy Eisenzimmer
Devils Lake, ND
-CompTIA A+ Certified
DRS 2006 - Jeremy
DRS'er
DRS'er

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi,

it is not possible with 2.2 but it will be possible with 3.0.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ron » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:59 pm

Sorry to report that the hick up at the end of a selection just as it cues the next song is still present in beta 4, not as bad but still noticeable.

Insured all boxes unchecked in the "Internet Broadcaster" from the Launcher just as a precaution and the install is fresh after an uninstall
of the previous beta. I have never installed the "Internet Broadcaster"

Can't seem to find a cause for this one all else is working fine or at least seems to be. Maybe it's a Ultimate thing, anyone else??
Ron
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Well we have not done much which can cause this. We just built in the new Media Player instead of the old one. Please check if you have set anything in the Media Player. Like plugins etc. Please also install your newest sound card driver. All I can say that there is jnothing new in the code which can cause this.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ron » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Mark,

Latest sound card drivers are okay and there are no plug in's installed for the media player. It is definitely a player issue as it is noticeable on any DRS2006 module that plays audio and the hick up or audio hole occurs just before the next audio file starts to play.

Still hunting for a solution that may be unique to this machine but not much else is running except what is needed to keep Windows Ultimate and DRS2006 going.

I'll keep testing and looking perhaps I'll find something that is the cause, but DRS2006 is the only audio issue I have wth respect to audio portion.

The Answer Is Out There......
Ron
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Well like I said, we are just remote controlling the windows media player. There is not much I can do here in the DRS 2006 iztself. We had these problem before with bad codecs or sound card drivers. Next Beta coming.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stashu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Do you have Real Player in your system? It often wreaks havoc with other players, causing hickups and delays.
I've found that many different types of players in your system will cause priority problems. Andm the one player you DO want will take a back seat to others.
Go into your preferences on other players (iTunes, and Real Player espcecially)
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Yes, sometimes other players install bad mp3 codes which cause this. We have this in the FAQ with Nero 6 for example. They used to install bad codecs. It may also be some setting in the window media player 10 which we do not know about at the moment causes this. We will try to find it. Beta 5 is ouit now. Should be one of the last ones before we release.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lewebdalex » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi Mark,

I juste add the error "Violation 00000 ..." when closing the On Air Radio Studio PRO module. I'm using XP and a M-Audio 1010LT soundcard.

Thanks,
Alex.
lewebdalex
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi,

strange. Seems to be a sound card driver error. Do you always get it?

Can please also people post if it is running dine on their system? We can't see any error anymore on our PCs here, and we want to be sure when we release that it works ok for most of you.

Thank you.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development