Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Postby kfm1015 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 am

So any news of next beta? When is it exspected....
kfm1015
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Yeah, even a hint of things to come would be nice.
We know there's been changes, because of the 'Vista' curve ball, but it would be nice to look forward to what may be next.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby yatusabes » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Any news about updates????

Thanks.
yatusabes
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Mark, please update?
Adriaan

Postby Stashu » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:07 am

Mark,
Any news on 3.0? Or, is there any news about the Broadcast Processor, or other plugins that may be used with either 2.2, or 3.0?
How's the weather? Anything ....
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Andy » Sun May 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Please, the 3.0, don't speak, just do it !
(we waiting it since 2002)
Listen / Ecoutez...
RADIOSPHERE.NET
Andy
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby supernut » Thu May 22, 2008 6:22 am

let me try and ask....... any news on any beta updates please ?
supernut
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby WDA1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:57 am

As much as I enjoyed DRS2006 when I got involved with Interactive Development back in 2003, I have a feeling that movement has ceased.
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby kfm1015 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm

We like many others users gave up on the wait and got an other program
kfm1015
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby WDA1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:44 am

I don't mean to continue to drag this out, and I'm certainly not harbouring any harsh feelings towards the makers of DRS2006. For the time I used it, at the skill level I was at, it was great. It worked... and I never had to think about it.
When I was ready for more functionality, DRS2006 wasn't ready to make that step with me... so I moved on to other software.

I still have my copy of DRS2006. I still await the full version of v3.0 to see what it actually has the power to do, when it's completed. Competition builds creativity... and it seems like many other systems have realized that it was time to move on as well.

I'm sure there reasons for the complete lack of communication from development.... or even why any time we DO hear from them, it's the same thing.... it's coming soon. I feel that we're reasonable people in here. If there have been hurdles, stumbling blocks, etc.... just let us know. If the project is officially dead, let us give our respects, and have closure.

This is kinda like having a loved one lost at sea.... you can hope and pray that you'll see them again... you hate to consider them "gone," and refuse to think they are until you have official word.

So tell us development.... is the final version of v3 just lost at sea, or has it passed on?
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:56 am

Come on guys. I am working on it. What else can I say.

I mentioned that we have many problems with Vista. But we have no other chance than to convert DRS 2006 V3 to Vista as well. We will have new updates and we plan to finish it this year.

I fully understand that some of you are disappointed. But I hate to say it over and over. Everybody got what he paid for and I am sorry that this new free version (for existing customers) is taking longer than expected.

We will have next betas for as soon as we are sure that all driver problems with vista are solved.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adriaan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:38 pm

WDA1 wrote:
I still have my copy of DRS2006. I still await the full version of v3.0 to see what it actually has the power to do, when it's completed. Competition builds creativity... and it seems like many other systems have realized that it was time to move on as well.

I notice that a lot of former DRS2006 users, who switched to another software, keep coming back on this forum. No doubt: the modules DRS2006 which are ready, are by far the best!

Can't wait to test the rock solid Music Scheduler / AutoPlay Manager....this year :D
Adriaan

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Yes, this is something I see in many forums of other companies. They are all using their products, they are all pretty fine with it, but they are all moaning.

We get many emails every day from people which are very happy with V2.11 or V2.2 or with the current betas of 3.0. This is an email I just a few minutes ago:

"I work in a voluntary capacity for the Music Broadcasting Society of South Australia, licensee of FM station 5MBS in Adelaide, South
Australia. I routinely keep our DRS system running and it has been
generally very reliable over the past 4 years providing a backup
audio program 24/7 as well as the means of playing-out pre-recorded programs to air."

And another one from today (racefanradio):
"Done.....! Best to you guys always...still the coolest automation software I say....!"

It really disappoints me if some people then send me emails and tell me I am liar or that we pull off people. Also if they just SPAM this forum. Usually always the same guys.

I understand that you are disappointed that 3.0 is taking long. So am I, but you can believe us that we are doing our best and that we will of course finish it. Vista is just giving us a hard time. But I am saying this over and over.

I am sure these silly discussions will be over as soon as the next betas for Vista are out.

But what is even more important. V3 will be the most complex and most sophisticated radio automation software you can get for this price.

And for the moment I doubt that you can get a more reliable system than our V2.11 or V2.22 for this price. On top you even get the free Betas and later the full version. !?
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby knzhonda1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:13 am

Mark,
I have used your std. pkg. for over two years pretty much 24/7.
For the money I think it's the greatest...especially the scheduler.

Thanks for an affordable software for us little guys on a fairly tight budget.

BTW: The technical support has always been very helpful...even if most of the problems were on my end.
Thanks,
Ken
knzhonda1
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi Ken,

thx. That cheers me up.

I know that most clients are very satisfied, because I work with them every day. There are just few a getting very unfair and personal. Well, I guess this is simply Internet. They would never say it into your face, but on the net many people feel free to say senseless and useless stuff all day and even to insult you without any reason.

I am usually professional enough to see the facts and don't take it personal, but sometimes this is really contra-productive.

I am sure, at the end most will be happy again.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development