Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Postby WDA1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:14 am

I notice that a lot of former DRS2006 users, who switched to another software, keep coming back on this forum.

I come back for two reasons:

(1) Financial investment. I did purchase my copy of V2, with the opportunity to beta test V3, and part of being a beta tester, comes the final version of v3. Being a V3 beta tester (and getting the final copy when done,) was a good part of my decision to start using DRS2006.

(2) Curiosity. I've been in radio for nearly 28 years, and have had the opportunity to work with countless automation systems over the years. I've always been the "geek" of the station, and I like to see what various automation applications really can do when pushed to the fullest. I've been looking forward to how DRS2006 would use some if it's other features... so when V3 is done, I'll get that chance.

No, I am no longer using DRS2006 for my current online station. When I started the station, DRS2006 was all I needed for the programming at the time. As the station changed/evolved, I realized I needed some other features that weren't available as of yet with DRS2006, so I moved on.

But, when the final V3 is ready, I'll definitely set it up here in the studio, and drive it around the block a few times to see what the DRS development guys have done.

I hold no ill-will towards Mark, or any of the DRS staff/development team. As I'm presently on another application, it's not a dire emergency for me. But I still look forward to seeing how well it works. I understand delays and hurdles. These will always happen.

Mark, I believe it was either earlier this year, or even last year.... you'd agreed to keep everyone updated on V3, even if there hadn't been much activity.... when we don't see you for a good while, we just wonder where things are standing.

So yes... I DO come back here... maybe about once or twice a month, when time permits.... this is really the only place where we may be lucky enough to find some sort of update. That's all we want Mark... and you said you'd keep us updated. I think that's really all we could want right now, short of the final V3.
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

What's Up?

Postby gelmart » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 pm

I Mark, please we need the version 3.0 finished. I used the version 2.11 for autoplay mode and version 3.0 for Manual operating but I always have problems with the converter Data base. I don't wanna do this for more time. We need the version 3.0 finished right now. It's complicated work with the two versions of DRS.

Thanks
Martin
www.fmstereorey.com.ar
gelmart
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby kfm1015 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Sooo.. it´s november.. and snowing, how many winters are there since we got last update :)
kfm1015
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:56 pm

kfm1015, be patient :!: Mark's schedule on August 16, 2008 was to finish V3 within 46 days from now:
We will have new updates and we plan to finish it this year.
Adriaan

Postby kfm1015 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Sorry about that. didnt know that.. was just wondering cause i didnt see any activity on the forum for weeks
kfm1015
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby WDA1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:34 am

And here it is January 2009, and still nothing complete.
Live, Love, Happiness, and Groove!

DJ Andrew Cannon
WE DANCE AS ONE
http://www.wda1.com
WDA1
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby FlagRadio.Com » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm glad to hear that there is some progress.

If all goes well with V.3 and all of it's features then I will need a load of licenses for various stations who are waiting to hear the outcome.

Roll on the roll out..
Andy - Station Manager & DRS'er

FlagRadio.Com
FlagRadio.Com
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

IDEM

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:41 am

Hello guys !

Idem that all drs'er, i waiting your DRS 2006 V.3 since 2002 and we are nothing.

Now Windows are Vista and in sometime Windows 7, and DRS is allways in the hold V.2 on XP.

Then Mister Adminitrator get maried, get children, get divorced, sick or batem and other blabla but DRS is always stoped since 2002.

It's really pathetic !

And you can continue to do nothing because now i work with another system fully operational.

Happy New Year ! Another One for sleeping again...

Arnaud - RADIOSPHERE.NET
Listen / Ecoutez...
RADIOSPHERE.NET
Andy
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Roll on the roll out..
Adriaan

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:23 pm

We are "Out" since the begin !

Then allright, thank you and good bye !
Listen / Ecoutez...
RADIOSPHERE.NET
Andy
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby X100 NetRock Radio » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 am

Adriaan,

Good to see you're still drinking the Kool-Aid by the gallon. Are you sure that you're not Mark in disguise?

Adam
X100 NetRock Radio
Extreme Broadcaster
Extreme Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:57 pm

X100 NetRock Radio wrote:
Are you sure that you're not Mark in disguise?
:D

If this was the case, I was coding 24 x 7 to finish V3 and make Adriaan very happy....
Adriaan

Postby Aeolus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:00 pm

believe me, i spoke with them both, and i can assure you that Mark doesn't speak dutch that well :lol:
Aeolus
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby jono » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:11 am

All I want for Christmas is v3... :lol:
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:27 am

All I want for Christmas is v3...

Just like last years, start the countdown....

35 days 'till Christmas.
Last edited by Adriaan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adriaan

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development