Music Files not found

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Music Files not found

Postby veedelsradio » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi,

I updated to the 3 beta and everything worked fine except that the drsdtm.exe doesn't want me to use a network drive. So I copied v:\drs2006\digitaldata to c:\drs2006\digitaldata and the MP3s from v:\musik to d:\musik. Then I changed the pointer from v:\drs2006\digitaldata to c:\drs2006\digitaldata. So far so good, but where to tell the program to use d:\musik insted of v:\musik now? In the 2.11 there was a MP3-folder option. I miss this one in 3.0. Does anybody know that?

3.0 looks quite good so far. Even the conversion of the database went smooth (except for the point where to change the MP3 folder).

best regards
Rolf
veedelsradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:24 am

Rolf,

I think you can use "search and replace" in the Database Utility. You do not have to move your files, you just change the path.

Be sure to have a backup of the Digitaldata folder before using "Search and Replace" :wink:
Adriaan

Postby veedelsradio » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Do you mean Audio Manager > Utilities > Update all Auto Complete Assistants ? Unfortunately I moved all files. Am I able to put somewhere the new location?

If you really mean search and replace: What shall I type there? Looks like I can change something in the files, but not where I get the files.

Best regards
Rolf
veedelsradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Adriaan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:07 am

Rolf,

I mean the search and replace function in the Database Utility (Drs2006 V3 beta). I suppose you moved the complete Digitaldata folder to another location.

See the manuals:
Search and Replace: This function is used to search for a string within a table and replace it with another. While this is a very powerful function it is a very dangerous one at the same time. Therefore before using this function make sure to backup your database.
In the box labeled 'Search for' type in the string you want to replace, in the box below (labeled 'Replace with') type in the string you want to replace the search results with.
For example if you want to replace a category named "Jingle" with a category named "Jingle DRS" using the 'Search and Replace' function makes this an easy task. Since this function is case sensitive, only strings containing "Jingle" will be replaced while the ones containing "jingle" in lower case letters will remain unchanged. Also if there is any other field containing the word "jingle" - even if it is as a partial string only - this will also be replaced! For example a remark reading "jingles from the 80s" will read "Jingle DRS from the 80s" afterward."

This search and replace option can be used to change your path as well. The way I use this (works great! :) ) is by creating a network share. Results from the search function of this forum:

Create a network share to this drive: This Computer > Extra > Create network connection.

In the database utility, use "search and replace". for example if you're old map was c:/..../... and the network share is named Y:, use search for C:/ and Replace for Y:. How this must be done (and creating a network share) is described in detail in the Manuals.

Exclamation Before using Search and Replace, make a back-up of your Digitaldata folder Exclamation

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development