3.0 for Vista please!

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

3.0 for Vista please!

Postby Pat » Thu May 07, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi everyone. I have been reading the threads and understand both sides of the story here. Having been in the IT industry for over 18 years, and a DJ for longer, I do enjoy technology when you can take full advantage of it when it helps your do a given task faster and easier. That being said, I also understand the ins and outs of software programming and its issues with hardware and drivers. Microsoft, as well as other companies have software developer kits that help in creating and adapting software to newer OS system. There was mention of driver issues with Vista, but on the other hand other DJ software developers have their software running on Vista. I downloaded one the other day. Even though the other software had nice features like a request list and the ability to search by year or genre, I still very much like the BETA 3.0/3.1. It is May 2009, is there any progress to porting this to Vista?

Thanks! :D
Pat
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Sat May 09, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm not too worried about Vista, can wait to the next OS release, but I would like at least a version of the playlist editor (scheduler) and maybe voice tracker for XP!

We've been waiting ages and I have always supported giving Mark time to develop it properly, but recently I have had unanswered emails and given there have been no real significant updates for several years I'm starting to think those that said we will never see it may be right. I hope to be prooved wrong!

Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby jono » Sat May 09, 2009 5:13 pm

I too have been checking back here nearly every day for years to check for updates, and although I fully support Mark and DRS, this year is crunch time for us. We need more features, including some which are not even in v3. It has done us proud on many broadcasts and even gained Mark some new customers through our using it. Its a great shame because we really love the v3 user interface but need more powerful features as we grow. However given the price it is a fantastic product and I dont feel Mark owes me anything unlike some of the others who spout rubbish on here. Unfortunately for us it is time to move on, even if it does stretch our budget. Would be nice to hear from Mark even to know you're ok!!
jono
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

V3 for Vista

Postby Pat » Fri May 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Actually, I would'nt even mind paying a little extra for an upgrade to help support product development. When version 3 beta came out I was hooked! Sadly all new computers seem to come with Vista, and thus I am not going to reformat the HD for supporting this program. I absolutely love the product, but as stated before, the product also needs to evolve.
Pat
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development