Reliable schedule of updates to forum members

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Reliable schedule of updates to forum members

Postby KCWU-FM » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 pm

KCWU-FM at Central Washington University, with some feedback after a long absence of feedback.

We have been on DRS Professional for over half the decade now. It makes our station sound great, when our live talent isn't on the air, and has performed flawlessly. We have definitely gotten what we paid for and more.

BUT - we need to plan for the future.

We have gone through a total rebuild over the last few years (due to being part of a brand new student union facility, to where we are now truly a state of the art station in the Pacific Northwest, and are blessed to have had the good fortune for that to have played out as it did for us.

BUT - as those in our industry know - we are at a stage where we have to fight for survival, in competing with all the forms of media delivery. We have to have the right tools, and be able to plan for their implementation. Part of that is some predictably and/or information sharing from suppliers. We are at the state we have to be planning for updating our Internet, Electronic Playback and Storage, and Automation Backbones. We need predictable information, or unfortunately we need to move on to other entities that can provide it.

** I would have one suggestion that would end a lot of the negative feedback issues here on this forum. **

Mark - could you take just enough time to provide even once each month - a status posting of Enterprise development and progression. A predictable posting even at a set time once each month, would help satisfy many of us, and be only fair to those of us who are on a development timetable, which is necessary for some of us who depend on that for development and survival needs.

I think this is a very fair request. KCWU-FM loves what DRS2006 has provided us, the Pro version has served us well - we got better than what we paid for. BUT - we have to grow, and need enough info to know if we need to move on - for our own development.

Respectfully,

John Cerney
Program Coordinator
KCWU-FM Radio
Central Washington University
www.881theburg.com
KCWU-FM
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:19 am

Hi John,

I know many people will now criticize us as soon as I post something here. This is the reason why I do not write much in till we have something really new done.

However here is the status:
- We have a tons of problems with the coding with Vista. However we solved this as good as possible and also Windows 7 fixes much of these problems. We will definitely go for Windows 7 as soon as possible. All modules will shortly be optimized for it.
- We will shortly have a new optional "Internet Broadcaster" plugin which many more features. AAC and also a stream overlay system for example. We are just signing the contracts.
- I had a few health problems which threw me back a little, however most is ok now and in the middle of August I will be back to 100%.
- We will simplify a few things which were planned in V3 to finally get out a final version.

We get tons of emails each day from people asking us when V3 will finally be ready. Some are even very rude. I will not give out any roadmap for V3 anymore, because simply when I do we get a million emails if for some reason we can't make it (like Vista or health problems).

However I am on it and soon V3 will be continued shortly and we will keep you updated.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BBRadio » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 pm

I would love to see v.3.0 on Win 7 as the new OS has been nothing but a pleasure to use.

I still come in here once or twice a month just out of curiosity to see if there are any new developments/releases...but one has moved on. Make me come back Mark!
Ivan
BBRadio
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby X100 NetRock Radio » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 pm

DRS 2006 - Mark wrote:Hi John,
- I had a few health problems which threw me back a little, however most is ok now and in the middle of August I will be back to 100%.

However I am on it and soon V3 will be continued shortly and we will keep you updated.

Mark, you're a lying idiot. You conveniently have health problems about once a year.

Give it up already, [Edit].
X100 NetRock Radio
Extreme Broadcaster
Extreme Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:55 pm

X100 NetRock Radio wrote:Mark, you're a lying idiot. You conveniently have health problems about once a year.

Give it up already, [Edit].

See, this is what I am talking about. At this point I will stop this discussion and delete any post that is not about DRS 2006.

I want to make clear that every has got what he paid for and that we are giving out V3 for free because we are a nice company which is not trying to squeeze you out. I am trying to get it done as fast as possible but I had a few problems. Technical and also personal problems. I posted this a thousand times and meanwhile I know it should have been better to say nothing at all. I know it is taking too long and I am most unhappy about this. You can believe me. Just let me get it done.

Till all posts about me or any weird speculations will be deleted. I will also ban users which offend me, my team or any other users.

Thank you!
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Earl Cogdill » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks for the Post Mark....Good things come to those that wait. My Drs product is running and running.. with few problems. and I am running ver 2.1 Pro. on XP home.

Thanks again Mark.

Earl

:D
Earl
Earl Cogdill
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development