Beta's on Win 2000

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Beta's on Win 2000

Postby Aeolus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm trying out the beta files on a machine running windows 2000. Now i know that the compatibility facts of the beta's say they are just for XP and Vista, but is there no way i can work with it under windows 2000?

If not, i guess it's time for me to upgrade my streaming computer :)
Aeolus
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Stashu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi,

You can always try a test, and see what happens. I believe that's what most people are doing with Windows 7.
Try loading the Betas, and a few song samples. Do it simple. I wouldn't add hundreds of songs only to find out there are problems with 2000.
Also, a bit of personal advice. Switch to the new operating system. I know many people that enjoy one operating system over the other. They've held out to the point where new technology is running circles around them. We have MACs where I work that are so old, they can't be updated anymore, and we can't load the latest versions of browsers, etc. Even Adobe doesn't like them.
I've always waited until the new OS works out its bugs before I install, and I try to keep my system simple enough that my hardware will move with me to new systems.

Good luck! Let us know if it works.
Consulting. Imaging.
Stashu
Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster

Postby Aeolus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 am

Well, the problem is the audiomanager, i can't start it up... it comes with an error which says basically nothing...

But sometimes certain upgrades/servicepacks can solve problems like these, so maybe someone has seen it before and solved it :)
Aeolus
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development