Audio files in V4

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Audio files in V4

Postby agtonwerk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 pm

I wonder if there will be some kind of evalution for audio files in V4 of DRS 2006. We use V2.1 and because we get files from different sources we sometimes have files DRS2006 will not play correctly (like mp3 VBR or files with ReplayGain-tag).

I always check our audio files with mp3tag and mp3val before I add them to our DB. Before I did that, we e.g. sometimes had songs, that seemed to play in DRS OARS but they ran without audio, though they played correctly in the Audio Manager.

I am sure the V4-audio-engine will be better, so that many of those problems will not occur. But I also think, that it ist better to check (and repair) first. (I have seen, that different broadcasting softwares solve the problem by simply converting the source material into e.g. mp2-files. This isn't very elegant if the source material is already lossy...).

It would also be great, if there could be loudness measurement (like Dynamic Range) in the Audio Manager.
agtonwerk
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Re: Audio files in V4

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi,

you are right. There will be a totally new and own audio engine which will not have any problem like the Windows Media Player.

A new compressor/limiter is planned as a plugin later on. So no worries....
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development