DRS 2006 Version 4 - Non Public Betas

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Re: DRS 2006 Version 4 - Non Public Betas

Postby kris » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 am

Hello Mark,

I still find it hard to use the new database manager. The cueing still isn't simpel.
Isn't there a way to add check intro and check cue out?

And maybe stupid question, I seem to have lost the auto cue function.
Where was that in the programe.
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:42 am

Hi Mark,

I agree with Kris, the database editor is not that easy to use, particularly setting of the que points. It would be usefull to be able to zoom in, also have a counter in the edit window to show the position as the item plays.

Also another couple of requested features from my initial feedback.

• Facility to mark an item to stop in the playlist (as in V3).
• Ability to hide the Talk Button (for full studio installations)

Cheers - Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Hmm, I do not quite see the problem the setting the cue points and intros. You can drag the "points" in the wavelet. You also have the flags to set while listening. You can also drag the current position to check your points.

Additionally you can edit directly in the database and you can set the 10ths with the mouse wheel. You cant set more accurate?
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kris » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 pm

MArk,

I would like to be able to check the positions like a button play from intro position or stop at cue out.
That or a visual thing that shows when the intro has ended.
When the cue out is passed.

Kris
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 pm

In the Wavelet you can simply drag the position marker?
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kris » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm

yes but it would be better to have a button or color change.
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby evw » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:12 pm

I've found the time and tried the latest version (the one before that wouldn't start). The general feeling is better and more fluid than before, the lags when starting a track or a jingle are mostly gone, but there is still a lag of 0.5 - 0.8 seconds when a track is playing and starting the next track (you can hear this when setting the fade-out to 0.1 seconds). Setting the fade-out to 0.0 seconds still produces erratic behaviour (old track still playing when the next is on air). You should correct this or simply not give the option to set the fade-out to 0.0.
I still miss a time display for a jingle that is on air. Why not skip the useless EQ-window at the bottom and use this for a context-dependent time-display, which shows either a time countdown to the end of a jingle or alternatively the talktime on air. With different color schemes this display could show what is relevant in the situation.
I would also support kris in his remarks about the cueing. Finally we are able to set a cue point "on the beat", but it is still way too tricky to do so.
I also still would like to have a window for editing one track at a time. Why not insert a tab which opens a window for the highlighted track in the database, where there is more space for cueing and editing the track information.
Last one: I'm still irritated by the alert windows, which are in the same color as the main window. Clicking on something, no response? Look around. Ah, there's an alert window: Do you really want...?
I really like the optional information display for the track played.
evw
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby darren1359 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:33 am

I would like to second the request for a time display of some kind for carts. Different colour alert windows would be a good idea as well.
darren1359
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Mark,

It would be useful to be able to search by year in the database window (top right). It doesn't seem to search the year column at present.

Cheers - Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby Andy Patrick » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 pm

evw wrote:Setting the fade-out to 0.0 seconds still produces erratic behaviour (old track still playing when the next is on air). You should correct this or simply not give the option to set the fade-out to 0.0.

I believe this is how it worked on V2 and 3. Set the fade to zero and it doesn't fade. We use this in V3 for items we don't want to fade (i.e. voice sweepers) in the playlist, but start set the out to start the next whilst the sweeper is playing.

Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby thelinkradio » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 am

Would you be able to add the album title to the categories on the main page. just helps for information purposes. like announcing coming up we have --- song off their ---- album. thanks.
thelinkradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey guys,

thank you for all your comments. We will now prepare a public demo for the DRS 2006 V4 and for the 2 first plugins. Parallel all products can be ordered via our website at www.radioautomation.com or shop.drs2006.com

Of course this does not mean that we will not work on the existing modules anymore. We will of course optimize things and build in the features that you have requested. However we now want and need to release before this gets a never ending story.

We expect to release next week. So from 18th - 22nd of March.

So let's go :)
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andy Patrick » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. In the latest release (42) I still noticed a couple of small bugs that I see.

1) When I insert a new item into the database it is automatically setting a fade for the end type, and it is not able to be changed. Is this just me. How can I completely delete DRS V4 and re-install and see if that helps.

2) On the database pane (top right) in the main program if the Category field is active on a song, if you try and pull an item into either the playlist or cart area's it does not work.

Cheers - Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Hey Andy,

DRS 2006 sets the End Type to Fade if you set a fade out in the settings before you read in new titles. If you set the Fade to "0" then it is Cold. ANd of course you can edit this in the database Editor.

And I am not sure if I understand you second problem. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing and what does not work then?
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andy Patrick » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Mark,

DRS 2006 - Mark wrote:DRS 2006 sets the End Type to Fade if you set a fade out in the settings before you read in new titles. If you set the Fade to "0" then it is Cold. ANd of course you can edit this in the database Editor.

I have changed the main settings to zero for fade, but still it imports with a fede and I can't edit it in the database editor for some reason.

DRS 2006 - Mark wrote:And I am not sure if I understand you second problem. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing and what does not work then?

For this I have the Category field shown on the database window, but if the cursor is selected on the Category field it cannot then be dragged and dropped into the playlist or cart windows. I'll email some pics.

Cheers - Andy
Andy Patrick
Fledgling Broadcaster
Fledgling Broadcaster

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development