[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
DRS 2006 Community Forum • View topic - DRS 2006 Version 4 - Non Public Betas

DRS 2006 Version 4 - Non Public Betas

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Re: DRS 2006 Version 4 - Non Public Betas

Postby georgeontheweb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi Mark,

Latest beta is great, lots of positives. Still maybe need a check intro button which plays from 2 seconds before the intro is set. Love the manual buttons though

I updated a song in the database that was in the playlist, then dragged it in again. The dragged in version has the new values, the one in playlist didn't update intro or cue out

Maybe a refresh button? Also a 'home' key to the left of the playlist status icon. Meaning if you have scrolled up or down you can immediately go home to the song that is playling. Might take ages if you are further on in log if doing it manually

Also when I was playing songs, I loaded a playlist and it started from the 2nd song when I pressed start to change to next song

I'd like to see a default (or configurable) number of gray playlist slots. For me, 3 would be ideal, you can see the last 3 songs and see what is coming up... but also have the option to go further back if you need to. I don't think having the current on-air song right at the bottom of the screen is beneficial, having used a playout for 15 years.

Size 14 is perfect for me (great addition), draggable artist and title bars are also great. I just drag the options I don't want to see out of screen, but I'd still like to see an option to disable certain columns. just like in windows.

Workspace saves now, but having the ribbon minimized doesn't

Could there be an option to be able to decide to stop the song in 3 songs time.... have a little icon similar to the category colour, but red and green for continue and stop

Could 'time to cue' change colour, just like in the song bar as well

When you click on a title or artist, why does only that part of the box change colour? Would it be better to have the full song entry the same colour, maybe there is a reason for it, if you could tell me :D

The start time for playlist might also work better to be able to jump to certain hours or 1/4 hours in the day to see what was played or change future entries

The auto cue point in a song, could you do it in db as that is much easier to judge than a percentage.... or have both side by side

One thing I just noticed is that when you search for a song, when you are finished typing, don't press enter as it changes the song - maybe in search mode, the start could be disabled as I'm sure a few people would start the next song by mistake :(

Hope this is all ok, great work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Comment from Mark:
OK, I will try to get through this one:
1. Check Intro can easily be done by clicking in the Wavelet just before the Intro
2. Yes, correct. The values in the database and in the playlist are different. It always was like this because the Cue may need to be individual in a playlist.
3. Fixed with new system. Refresh is already there
4. Fixed with new system
5. We had 1 before and are now using 2. Hope this works out for most.
6. Yes, we will think about the color
7. This is a standard Grid behavior, but you should be able to do all operations
8. We changed the start time to time offset to prevent misunderstandings
9. We will think about the db percentage
10. Yes, you are right about the search. However this is hard to change.

THX!!
George

Programme Controller
DRS Lover
georgeontheweb
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby thelinkradio » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:30 pm

I am using Live 365

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by thelinkradio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm

information sent to server is missing album info causing me to be delisted. also could you put an option for a 12 hour clock please.

>> Comment from Mark:
- What kind of Client/Server are you using?
- Yes, you are right with the 12 hour clock
Last edited by thelinkradio on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

>> Comment from Mark:
And this works with the mp3 encoder? Because the normal shoutcast server does not mind about the album.
thelinkradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby georgeontheweb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Is there a way to add a song category in the database editor or do you need to stop what you're playing and go into settings before you can change the category

Settings are 'global', where as category changes should really be in the database editor as that's where it all happens in terms of music and settings

What do you think?

>> Comment from Mark:
Well, you can of course change the Category. In the settings it is just a definition of the Categories you want to use. We have to block the settings when airing to prevent crashes.
George

Programme Controller
DRS Lover
georgeontheweb
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby thelinkradio » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 pm

thelinkradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thelinkradio » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Yes. Sorry. Meant to say that in the last message. LOL.

>> Comment from Mark:
OK, we will look into this.
thelinkradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 pm

01/21/2013 - Version 1.0.100.22 Released - First page in the history.

This is gooood :)

Happy Beta Testing!
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby darren1359 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Very nice looking, but I can't drag songs into playlist, am I missing something?

I get "cannot drop here" message when I try to drag a track from the database in to the playlist area. Dragging and dropping into "Carts" still works.

This problem as only appeared in the latest release 1.0.100.22

>> Comment from Mark:
Yes, ok. Right! Will fix it immediately.

>> Comment from Mark:
Fixed
Last edited by darren1359 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darren1359
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby thelinkradio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am

Ok on version 3 you had it to where you could pull a song from anywhere on your PC. But (unless I am understanding it incorrectly) with this you can only use one folder. Is there any way that you can do it like V3 or if not could you at least make it have 3 or 4 different folders so that we can at least separate the different categories?

>> Comment from Mark:
-When you update the index, you can set the presets. Also a certain folder. You do not need to take the folder you have set in the settings.
-Also you can drag and drop single files into the database in the main window. We will also do this in the database editor soon.
thelinkradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Eddy73 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 pm

2013 when I search (database) try to type am I unable to take the O, stops Playlist

>> Comment from Mark:
This should only be on the numeric block?
The numeric block now holds the keyboard controls. + F1-F10
Eddy73
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby Eddy73 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm

if I understand correctly F1 to F10 to start the cart numbers (up to 10 numbers maximuim per cart) can be demonstrated alongside the cover (first number F1, F2 second number ........ F10 tenth issue) otherwise I know sometimes when I have to press F2 and F9

Cart numbers do not include the set Que In Que Out

when for the first time the talk button you must use the mouse to do this because the space bar is not

may in (playlist and edit database) to be added to the genre????

category(Genre)

>> Comment from Mark:
- Yes, makes sense to show numbers
- Of course. Carts ignore the cue points. That is how it always was and most clients want
- Num "del" will activate the Talk button. 0,del,enter
- I am sorry. I do not understand your last sentence about the genre?
Last edited by Eddy73 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddy73
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby evw » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 am

On V .20: I experienced a lag of about 1.5 seconds when pressing the start button. Tried to set the fade out (in the settings) to zero. This caused erratic behaviour in the player. The player played the song multiple times, buttons won't work. Stopping the music only by exiting the program.
Setting the fade out to 0.2 solved the problem, but then there was a moment of silence between the tracks. The time lag between pressing the start button and playing the new track is also in the cart player.

The option to pause the track while playing a cart is nice, but there should also be an option for choosing between returning to the same track in the playlist or playing the next track after playing a cart.

I involuntarily made a double-click in the cart player which stopped the cart immediately. There should be a prevention against unwanted double clicks.
In the cart player there is (while playing) no numerical display of how long the cart has till the end. I would suggest putting the time at the right side of the cart window, showing the full time and counting down while playing.
The changing window size of the carts was mildly irritating when playing carts in quick succession.

The option to change the font size in the player window is very good, but with a really big font size (22) the duration column shows only half the time. There is no option to change the column width for duration and "optimal column width" doesn't work.

I think the time display in the playlist window still isn't optimal: when a track has a cue-in at 45 sec and an intro time of 1:13 I have to calculate on the fly how much time I got for a voice-over. I think this information should be in the playlist window to know in advance how much talking time there is without the need to calculate.
evw
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby ppmike » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

hello mark
Is it possible to have a system that would import the data base of the V2 or V3 to V4

>> Comment from Mark:
Yes, I am sure this will be possible later on
MIKE
ppmike
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby thelinkradio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm

thelinkradio
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby kris » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

okay just updated to the current version...

on the player page I get the song info that mixes with the DRS logo and makes the whole thing a little less clear. If I remember correctly this was not like that before.

Database interface: the 3 little flags are a big improvement. It would just be nice to have with a key on the keyboard (might have missed a previous post if it is the case). What might be nice is a function to test where you have placed the cues. What might be an option is to change the background color of the waveform after the intro and once again after the cue out.

(A lot of what mights ... sorry for that)

>> Comment from Mark:
Yes, I also saw that with the logo. We will fix that. We will think about the colors/keys
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development