DRS 2006 Version 4 - Plugin Requests

Get involved with the constant growth of new versions of DRS 2006 radio automation now in development. Learn how to become a BETA tester and sample some of the most amazing software breakthroughs in broadcast automation found only in DRS 2006.

Re: DRS 2006 Version 4 - Plugin Requests

Postby kris » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm on verion 1.0.100.46 but unable to find the update setting / panel ...
(okay this will be the day of being an idiot ....)

Kris
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:21 pm

OK, maybe this version is simply too old :D

Do you still have the download location we have sent you? If not I will send it in a second.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kris » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Euh .... waiting for your mail :oops:
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby jaypea » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:19 am

:idea: :idea: there is another automation software (which shall remain nameless here, but it starts with S, ends with M, and has an A in the middle :wink: ) which allows automatic setting of cue points based on audio level. I've heard a buddy's setup with this particular software and it sounds great. best of all, he's got 4000 cuts and didn't have to manually set cue points for each one. he just adds music to the database, and the software does the rest.

here's how it works:

:arrow: there is an option for the software to automatically cue a cut to the start of the music, ignoring any dead space at the start of the cut. the music starts immediately upon getting the start signal. it works the same as when we would cue up records in the old days, just automatically.

:arrow: there is also another option for setting the level at which the next cut begins, allowing for a smooth segue. when the software senses that level, it checks how long is left in the file first, to avoid any false cues, just in case the music has pauses or false endings. this option also means you don't have to manually set the end as a fade or cold end. if the song has a fade, when it hits that level, the next tune segues into it. if the song ends cold, it hits that level and the next song starts immediately. if the song hits that level, and there's more than, say, 5 or 10 seconds left, it'll wait until the next time the song hits that level.

it's really very elegant when set up properly. one check box for for the first option (ignore dead space at start of audio). and a box to enter the db level for the automatic segue. having this kind of feature would mean not having to set cue in's and out's individually, especially when there are thousands upon thousands of cuts to go through.
jaypea
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby kris » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Hello Mark,

just a small msg to tell that I love the new features of the DRS. The only thing that is missing is a plugin for our commercial planning.

Any way to work around this missing part, or a date when it will be available?

Keep up the great work!

Kris
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi,

no, not yet. We will have a few other plugins before the commercial manager. But you can use the Auto Play manager to set your commercials.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kris » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Okay.

Thanks for the update.

May not be the best place to ask but any suggestion what we can use while waiting?

Kris
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby OKWK » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Hello,
it would be great if there would be more track criteria (e.g. "gender", "play from 08:00 to 15:00", "play from 01.12. to 26.12.", frequency, owner...) and a more powerful shuffle to use these criteria.
As the shuffle plugin is called "Simple Shuffle", I hope that something's cooking ;)
---------------------------------------------------
Westküste FM / Offener Kanal Westküste
Landvogt-Johannsen-Straße 11
25746 Heide
---------------------------------------------------
OKWK
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Right, this is just the "Simple Shuffle". There will be a more advanced shuffle later on.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spirit » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Mark, you have plugin "Playlist editor" as v.2))) :roll:
for checking playlist when programming a few days ahead without his in main workspace
(for add ready playlist in autoplay manager)

Thank you
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:22 pm

I am sorry, I do not understand what you mean. You can use the main screen to make playlists. There is no need of a playlist editor.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spirit » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:21 pm

DRS 2006 - Mark wrote:I am sorry, I do not understand what you mean. You can use the main screen to make playlists. There is no need of a playlist editor.

Don't worry)))
Sure, i can use main screen, but when on broadcast, it's uncomfortable.. when on air one PC, for editor - other, this is no problem :) is solved))
but sometime was situations when programming next day on air PC without prelistening))
(habit to use the old version (7 years))

And can i ask you again about plugin for rotators: PowerGold/Selector?? As soon we can wait it?
Your playlist editor is good... but then not possible to sort the tempo, vocal and etc...)))
of course - this information may add in file... but compatibility with these programs will not be superfluous (imho)

----
As i understand - backup create automation??? and manual mode we can only restore data??? or in full (licenced version) users have this function?
----
and remembered yet, can you help me with autoplay:
in early version was miniplaylists and events (when main playlist wasn't cleared).
I'm will try describe it (sorry for my English):
when we work on air, we see work playlist, and at 00 minutes we have special jingle. In v.2 this jingle was play atop playlist (playlist wasn't cleared) and when jingle stopped - next track from playlist beginning play. Miniplaylist was programming for commercial (it doesn't insert into the main playlist) and when time come, DRS load miniplaylist (with blocked buttons play and stop - leadings in this moment cann't do anything and must wait ending miniplaylist). When commercial block was ending DRS returned to main playlist and work further.
In v4 i'm not found this function (when came time for add new playlist or shuffle - main screen was cleaned and add said item)
How add only one track (as on screenshot):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mk1wocx6km62ty/screen.jpg
i'm not found this function in autoplay manager)))
maybe simply not see.. as wrote early: 15 minutes - very little to assess the work of program that can work any mounth not turned off....

Best regards,
Vlad
Spirit
New Broadcaster
New Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:28 am

I am really sorry. I am having a hard time to understand this. Please also posts your requestes to our HELP DESK at http://helpdesk.drs2006.com

You can use V4 in a network and you can make playlists with a 2nd version on a different PC just like in the old version.

There will be a problem for importing from other scheduling systems soon, however we want to have this running 100% first and also we want to build in a few more essential features which most clients are asking for.

I will write a manual for the backup function soon. Basically DRS 2006 makes a backup of your database every time you make a change. You can then go back to any older version if you want to. So it is like an "UNDO" functions or in case something happens with your database, you can restore.

I am sorry. I do not understand your last passage about the auto play. We are currently working on this part of the software and we will release updates very soon.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kris » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:36 am

Hello Mark,

I think he just needs 'playlist' that can be added in the normal playlists.

We used to work the same way before.

We create normal playlist with all the music and jingels (musicgen playlists) for each hour.

Another software plans the commercials and create also playlists.
These playlist are played as en event at fixed times and just add into the normal playback like an event.

So we need to be able to schedule playlist for the hours and palylists for events (like commercial blocks at xx.00 xx.20 xx.40).

Hope this makes sens to you. If needed I can send you it by email.
kris
Serious Broadcaster
Serious Broadcaster

Postby DRS 2006 - Mark » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 am

Yes, we will make an Event manager later on, but at the moment we really want to have this 100% and also we want to build in the external feeds etc (mentioned in the changelog). There also seem to be a few problems with the auto play manager which are PC specific or country specific. We promise the we will build all the plugins needed asap.
Mark
DRS 2006 Help Desk
DRS 2006 - Mark
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to DRS 2006 Interactive Development